Sign in to follow this  
canuck21a

MSFS Scenery Load - Error with xml file Zenith CH701

I have an SimWorkStudios addon that prior to the latest LNM version allowed scenery Library loading without issues. 

Using V 2.6.11 the "Load scenery Library" errors out when it looks at a particular xml file that is part of an airplanes checklist files.

Attempting to exclude the directory/file does not seem to help.

I can provide further details/files.

Error reading "G:/MicrosoftFlighSimulator/Community/sws-aircraft-zenith701-wheels/SimObjects/Airplanes/SWS_Zenith701_wheels/Checklist/Library.xml" on line 520 column 19: Premature end of document.

Edited by canuck21a

Darryl Wightman, Georgetown ON

PMDG 777 FSX Order 238685

PMDG 777 P3D Order 305276

Today I removed all traces of the aircraft and re-ran the Load Scenery Library. everything appeared to work as expected.

I then re-downloaded the aircraft from the source, completed a clean install and then re-ran LNM build. It failed the same way.

Error reading "G:/MicrosoftFlighSimulator/Community/sws-aircraft-zenith701-wheels/SimObjects/Airplanes/SWS_Zenith701_wheels/Checklist/Library.xml" on line 520 column 19: Premature end of document.

I will send you a PM with the link to the zipped file.

Hi Darryl,

thank you for the file. This helps a lot. It seems that I better check the file header before reading material libraries (for runway and other surfaces).The file is actually valid but cannot be read by the tools I use.

Unfortunately I have to read all folders (also aircraft) since the indication about content (scenery or aircraft) is unreliable and add-on developers often use wrong values.

You can exclude the aircraft from reading in the LNM options dialog on page "Scenery Library Database". This should fix it.

Alex

I shall try to exclude the aircraft in the Load Scenery options.  I had done that at first but my entries were seemingly disregarded by your scanner.

14 hours ago, canuck21a said:

I shall try to exclude the aircraft in the Load Scenery options.  I had done that at first but my entries were seemingly disregarded by your scanner.

Excluding the file does not work. Exclude the whole aircraft folder.

Alex

No luck.

I made sure that the aircraft was installed in the MSFS Community Folder and not a link to another location.

My sim files location:

lnm-scenerylibraryfolders.jpg

what I selected for exclusion using 'Add Directory...':

lnm-options-scenerylibraryfolders.jpg

the result:

lnm-fail-ch701-options-scenerylibraryfol

Oh my! Seems there is a bug in LNM where an exclusion is only applied to BGL files and does not keep LNM from reading the XML. I'll fix this for the next release.

For now you can temporarily move the aircraft to a subfolder like "....\Community\OFF" while loading the scenery library in LNM. Sorry for the mess.

Alex

I have been moving the folder whenever I need to update so no loss. Just glad that there was a solution.

Just tired the latest 2.6.13 with the aircraft in the Community folder. No errors on Database build.  ✔️ 

• Upvote 1