Sign in to follow this  
Guest possum

how to add fs9 aircraft into fsx

Yes click on 'Run' as many times as it comes up, you won't be asked again.If the FS9 aircraft has FS98 guages, it will crash your flightsim. Don't worry, just remove the files afterwards.Enjoy

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest PythonOne

i also get this problem, i just don't get why these errors shows up in the first place since some addons were made for fsx.

>i also get this problem, i just don't get why these errors>shows up in the first place since some addons were made for>fsx. That's because they are intended to be 'backward compatible' (with the emphasis on the word 'backward' LOL)....... means that they were intended to work with FS9 and as you are attempting to run them in FSX, it's warning you that, they might not work.As I said previously, once accepted you won't be asked again.I have many now working in FSX. I copied and pasted my gauges, effects and sounds folders into those in FSX without agreeing to 'overwrite' any files in the existing FSX folders, that way you won't interfere with those you already have.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>i also get this problem, i just don't get why these errors>shows up in the first place since some addons were made for>fsx. It's not an "error" at all! It's simply part of WinXP's "protection scheme" that will not allow you to install ANY program or executable file (which is what C gauges are after all!) that do not contain a "Signed Certificate" attesting to the integrity of the publisher without your manual intervention...If you read the "small print" at the bottom of the message box it explains all of this and even provides a hot link to further explanation...FSX is simply "following the rules" so to speak by not bypassing WinXP's (and of course Vista's) protection system."Code Certificates" are not free, so don't expect many freeware authors to have them. There was a "grass roots effort" that was begun shortly after release of FSX to provide a "free Certificate Authority" for freeware authors, but it seems to have died a quiet death. On the other hand, most - if not all - commercial vendors will have "Digitally Signed" their gauges and/or other executable programs.This topic has been discussed (and cussed!) many times over the past few months... :-wave

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest SuperKungFu

is there a way to turn the warning off? Like delete something in the fsx directory that is causing it. Because some addons, you have to accept a LOT of warnings. I had to click on hundreds to warnings just to get one addon working. And it was an fsx addon, not an fs9. Microsoft seriously did not thing this one through. If this keeps up, im probably going to uninstall it and wait a couple years when more addons are available. Because right now, some of my payware addons for fs9 doesn't work so its not even worth it.

I tried to say the exact same thing to them at the Avsim conference, but I'm not sure they understood what the problem was, or understood that it was a problem. Or perhaps they felt there was nothing they could do. I tried to tell them that I don't want to have to hit the button over and over and over. It should come up and say, this item has unsigned executables in it, and show me the whole list of them for my casual perusal. Then I hit one button and away I go.I hate the fact that if the same gauge is used in multiple panels, you have to keep hitting it for each panel.Dumb.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest Ichinin

>Hmm, fs98 gauges don't crash my FSX, they just don't show up.> I wonder what the difference is.I think he ment that some MAY crash, and some will simply just not function.

Guest SuperKungFu

in the next conference could you stress the importance of this? Because i already uninstalled fsx over this. my mouse finger got tired after clicking it so many times, on some addons, after the first time you click it, it returns the next time you fly it. FSX was a big disappointment for me, i hope in the future a patch is released to get rid of the warnings.

>in the next conference could you stress the importance of>this? Because i already uninstalled fsx over this. my mouse>finger got tired after clicking it so many times, on some>addons, after the first time you click it, it returns the next>time you fly it. FSX was a big disappointment for me, i hope>in the future a patch is released to get rid of the warnings.Once again, this time a bit louder!Folks, it is NOT FSX!!!This is a FEATURE OF WINDOW'S PROTECTION SCHEME!!!There's not one bloody, blessed thing ACES can do about it...FS9 did not have this simply because it was originaly designed pre-WinXP, and had no need to comply with the WinXP Protection Scheme...

Fr. Bill    

>Hmm, fs98 gauges don't crash my FSX, they just don't show up.> I wonder what the difference is.Thomas, the difference is in the structure of FS98 gauges. They used an older header file and callback system that is simply no longer supported...

Fr. Bill    

Guest SuperKungFu

So there's no way to get rid of these messages? Its going to be really annoying to install future addons.

Guest possum

Once you tell it to allow the guage it puts a line in your fsx cfg file and you shouldnt have to tell it to allow it again if it is the same gauge. At least I don't. And as far as waiting a while until more addons come out, I'm afraid that you will still have to accept the gauges unless they are digitally signed. As Bill said it is not an error just a new feature that happens to be a little annoying.