Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

In P3Dv5.1, Heathrow landing/departure problems

I'm sorry that I have posted about this before, but given that a solution hasn't been found i thought i would post it again:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/127386-mega-airport-heathrow-professional-ai-runway-usage/

Hi

I have tried using the forum to fix this problem. The problem started when I upgraded my P3Dv4.5 to P3Dv5.1
Previously, some airport scenery addons allowed you to be specific about where you land and where you takeoff in v4.5.
In the example of EGLL, when installing the scenery addon you can normally be specific about which runway you land at and which you takeoff at.

I don't understand why, but it doesn't work on v5. Aircraft use both of the runways randomly, why have these addons runways being ignored despite that?

Depending on something like the wind direction, and which runways have been specified, why is P3Dv5 just ignoring the real world? In other words, P3Dv5 ignores the option in the image attached.

Note that this should be covered, since it makes a lot of functionality from people upgrading. On the Prepar3d website:
Prepar3D v5 was developed with backwards compatibility in mind. A considerable effort was spent in exposing new SDK capabilities and maintaining backwards compatibility to ensure most third-parties can update to v5 with minimal effort. Therefore, many of the add-ons customers have used in previous versions of Prepar3D can be used in Prepar3D v5. Be sure to contact the content developers of your add-ons to confirm whether or not their product can be used in Prepar3D v5.

I would be grateful of someone is looking into it or still getting the problem:

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Gary,

Have you posted this question on the Aerosoft forum since it is their software. Correction, it's software they sell but don't provide much technical support for. The author may need to be contacted.

Rather than rely on the supplied utility for runway options I'd be inclined to select Use Both and edit the AFCAD yourself. It sounds like the ones they've supplied haven't been configured correctly.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, fclaass said:

You can change the runway usage yourself using Airport Design Editor

Thanks. It's not my  area at all - I'm not too technical now, but if can give me a link for this, I'll give it a try.

Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Gary,

https://www.scruffyducksoftware.com/airport-design-editor

It can be tricky if you're not used to using it. I have that airport. I'll have a go at changing them this afternoon.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks, Ray. I'll try it.

Gaz on Facebook

Thanks, Ray. I offered to help Gary with this, but without P3Dv5 installed, I am not able to open the AFD file. However, another forum member checked it for me, and it appears to be correctly configured for two runway operation. It works fine for me in P3Dv4, but part of the reason for that may be because I always use a fixed wind direction.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

This version has been tested with westerly and easterly winds. All landings are on the northerly runway - 09L/27R and departures on the southerly - 09R/27L.

I have given mine a unique name so to use it rename all BGLs in the Heathrow\Scenery folder than start with EGLL_AFX and change the extension to BG#. That way none will be picked up.

To confirm you're using mine if you have GSX go to Add-ons - GSX - Customize airport positions. The name of the AFCAD in use will be shown in the title bar.

Ray's EGLL AFCAD

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

59 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

This version has been tested with westerly and easterly winds.

Can I just confirm that it uses only Terminal 5 for British Airways?

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

13 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Can I just confirm that it uses only Terminal 5 for British Airways?

Gaz

I have made no changes to parking positions but from my observations most BA traffic were at T5 or just east of it. I have AIG so there's a huge amount of Ai at Heathrow.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ok, thanks Ray.

Gaz on Facebook

You can get even more control over the runway allocations with the app being tested here:
New ATC and Airport Operations Application Testing - The Prepar3d Forum - The AVSIM Community

I think it's a very exciting addon. Though I'm not sure whether user aircraft are being assigned runways through the hook yet (i.e., it might still only be interacting with the AI).

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

1 hour ago, Bryn said:

You can get even more control over the runway allocations with the app being tested here:

Thanks for that, I'll take a look!

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook