Sign in to follow this  
dogmanbird

WMR Reprojection From 30FPS - now appears to work!

If you can do whatever it takes to maintain 30fps, surprisingly this now seems to work, and quite well. In fact it looks better than ASW on Quest 1 as it has less wobble/ heat haze and better sharpness.

I'm testing this with 21H1, 465.89 and the latest WMR update. I'm not sure which of the three is responsible for the improvement. I'm trying to keep MSFS in-game render setting at 100 so the instruments look sharp to read

Edit - just to mention the above is with the headset  running at 90hz (not 60hz)

Edited by dogmanbird
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, cortomalteseit said:

Good to know! How can you run it at 90 Hz?

The G2 runs at 90 Hz by design. You can go to Mixed Reality settings, headset display and then under experience options you can open a window to change between 60 and 90 Hz.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

This does seem to work quite well now. I'm not sure what has caused the improvement. I used to leave reproj. off in msfs but after testing it again this morning there was a noticeable improvement. Thanks.

@reheat,

So that we can maybe narrow down the reasons for improvement that you also noticed, please let us know:

1) What win 10 build are you using

2) What Nvidia / AMD drivers

3) Headset?

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

I'm using an Odyssey+.  I previously had an ACER WMR headset and found 60Hz unusable because of the flicker.  For some reason, maybe it's the OLED displays, I don't seem to notice it on the Odyssey+.  I am running a GTX 1080 (likely to be that way for a long time unless cryptocurrency crashes seriously), so don't have GPU power to spare.  With the exception of big cities, I can maintain 20 fps which looks fluid with reprojection.  I used the props with reduced contrast (community mod) to stop the jello effect and other artefacts are minimal.  When I first tried MSFS2020 in VR on this system I thought I would have to shelve it until the end of the GPU crisis but now I would say that even on the humble 1080 you can get a good experience.

21 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Tried it, stutter fest. 

Same here, main thread spike at regular intervals (about 1 s) just like always.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

It's interesting. I wonder if it's due to doing all 3 updates? Mine used to be a stutter fest too.

Hags is on btw. It now makes a big difference if turned off (gets much worse when off) where it never used to

Conform VFR Flightism Guy latest suggestion I reverted to 457.30 with HAGS on, that works good with my G2 TAA100%/OVR80 or 100.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)