Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

MCE with the CS757 III FMC

I'm working on translating the 757 preflight flows into MCE commands to use with the CS 757 III right now. The only thing I can't get to work are FMC commands. The F/O will confirm the command when I test it but doesn't seem to be able to actually execute the command. Can MCE control (parts) of the FMC in this aircraft?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

5 hours ago, threegreen said:

I'm working on translating the 757 preflight flows into MCE commands to use with the CS 757 III right now. The only thing I can't get to work are FMC commands. The F/O will confirm the command when I test it but doesn't seem to be able to actually execute the command. Can MCE control (parts) of the FMC in this aircraft?

Probably an oversight.

Will be looked at and if that particular feature is doable for this plane, the "mccs757V3.dll" in \Prepar3D v5\MCE dlls\ folder will be updated.

• Like 1

Thanks! I also noticed that ND controls don't work right; for example when I tell the F/O to switch his ND to map mode or whatever, he will only turn the knob one position further instead of selecting the specific mode. Same with the range selector. A few other switches don't seem to work right either, but I don't know how much I could reasonably expect MCE to do with any aircraft.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

Thanks! I also noticed that ND controls don't work right; for example when I tell the F/O to switch his ND to map mode or whatever, he will only turn the knob one position further instead of selecting the specific mode. Same with the range selector. A few other switches don't seem to work right either, but I don't know how much I could reasonably expect MCE to do with any aircraft.

These are expected to work.

In general, report anything that doesn't work as expected.

Most supported planes don't have an SDK and they are constantly updated. That means every now and then some odd switch here and there is no longer under FO's control (when it was working OK before plane update). Not difficult to fix, just can't spot them unless you fly the plane all the time and use every possible MCE speech command

With over 50 supported complex planes, it's just not possible for us to do a full flight test on every update. We mostly do that with PMDG and FsLabs planes as they are the most used ones.

Consider it fixed as soon as the dll is updated.

14 hours ago, FS++ said:

Consider it fixed as soon as the dll is updated.

Thanks!

I'll list the things I have found that don't work or do work but not without issues in case this helps:

• (As mentioned) CDU control doesn't work at all
  • (As mentioned) ND/EFIS knobs will only be put into the next position, disregarding the actual position commanded
    • WX/TERR selector doesn't work
  • ACP control doesn't seem to work; when commanding to switch input or output to VHF2 or both nothing happens (mic and speaker selectors)
  • VOR/DME manual <> auto switch doesn't seem to be supported (F/O side)
  • 'Multiple position switches' (for lack of a better word) like pack selectors, standby battery, engine start selectors, etc. are always briefly turned into the first/leftmost position before being put into the commanded position (this for example results in a brief standby power outage when first turned to OFF)
  • Pressurization panel doesn't seem to work at all (system selector, landing altitude window)
  • Panel lights commands don't work
  • Alternate flaps and gear switches don't work
Edited by threegreen
Added list

On 4/7/2021 at 12:29 PM, threegreen said:

Thanks!

I'll list the things I have found that don't work or do work but not without issues in case this helps:

• (As mentioned) CDU control doesn't work at all   Will be implemented next week
  • (As mentioned) ND/EFIS knobs will only be put into the next position, disregarding the actual position commanded
    • WX/TERR selector doesn't work  Sorted in latest patch
  • ACP control doesn't seem to work; when commanding to switch input or output to VHF2 or both nothing happens (mic and speaker selectors). Will be sorted next week
  • VOR/DME manual <> auto switch doesn't seem to be supported (F/O side). This was never implemented on any plane
  • 'Multiple position switches' (for lack of a better word) like pack selectors, standby battery, engine start selectors, etc. are always briefly turned into the first/leftmost position before being put into the commanded position (this for example results in a brief standby power outage when first turned to OFF). Will be sorted next week
  • Pressurization panel doesn't seem to work at all (system selector, landing altitude window). Will be sorted next week
  • Panel lights commands don't work.  Pending
  • Alternate flaps and gear switches don't work.  Sorted in latest patch

Get latest patch and manually replace files as per folder structure. Notably "mce.exe" and "mccs757V3.dll".

Status of items you raised embedded in your post

You can also import testing script for relevant commands

Edited by FS++
More info
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 11:16 PM, FS++ said:

Get latest patch and manually replace files as per folder structure. Notably "mce.exe" and "mccs757V3.dll".

Status of items you raised embedded in your post

You can also import testing script for relevant commands

Thank you very much!

On 4/12/2021 at 9:55 AM, threegreen said:

Thank you very much!

You're welcome.

Re-download patch

Manually replace "mce.exe", "mccs757V3.dll" as well as the 2 files in <CandC> folder

Apart from cockpit lighting control via voice which remains to be implemented for this plane, all other pending items should be sorted.

Also, ability to control FO side EFIS switches was added.

Re-download testing script where you'll find a few examples of potential speech commands.

• Like 1

Again, thank you!