Sign in to follow this  
Guest tom-sa

Should I Buy FDC 3.5? Im am thinking about it.

The question is simple Should I Buy FDC 3.5, Anyone with an opinion is welcome to suggest oneway or another! Thanks!Gary TrammellPro Rodeo Announcer

Guest tom-sa

Hi, I recently bought it myself, and I'm enjoying it immensely flying the default B737 and A321. For me, it has added a lot to the immersion factor of FSX, and helped me learn a good bit about how things should be done.There are still a few issues when using it with FSX, which according to the developers will most likely be ironed out in FDC 3.6. See the FDC support forums here on AVSIM for details. Despite this, I personally consider FDC 3.5 to be an excellent product, and worth it's price.If you choose to buy it, you should be prepared to spend a few hours going through the included (and very good) documentation, and tinkering with the settings in FDC until they suit you.What kind of aircraft and flights are you planning to use FDC with? It might help better answer your question if you tell a little about how you expect to use it.Tom Andresen

>What kind of aircraft and flights are you planning to use FDC>with? It might help better answer your question if you tell a>little about how you expect to use it.>>Tom AndresenThanks Tom,Like you am plan on using the Default 737. I really enjoying being an arm chair ATP. I figured something like FDC might add som airline realism. I enjoy flying actual Delta routes. I found them on the Delta website in a PDF format. Thanks for the input, I think I will get it!Gary TrammellPro Rodeo Announcer

I think that FDC is an excellent and innovative add-on, but unfortunately it is riddled by a somewhat clumsy and non-intuitive interface. It is certainly not as polished, integrated and detailed as FS2Crew, but because of its modular and open architecture, it doesn't claim to be of a similar complexity like FS2Crew. It is still a great add-on, if you're willing to spend some time with it.Pat

Could Someone "Dave M." or someone else let me look a the manual before i make the $40 purchase. I am just trying to be frugal with my santa money.....Gary Trammellgarytrammellrodeoannouncer@yahoo.COM