Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

Flysimware's Easter Sale! 40% off all products!

For anyone on the fence about the Learjet 35A, it's an amazing piece of work from Flysimware!

I still enjoy it very much and one of the best feeling biz jets in flight simming till this day!

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Same for the Falcon FA50, amazing machine, runs and looks great on P3Dv5.1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Nurmblitz said:

Are you sure? According to screenshots they look a bit FS2002ish... 

Really ?

TAzuxUv.jpg

I have the MU-60 and I love it as much as the Dash 8 from Majestic. Really accurate, especially the engine simulation which is top notch. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/6/2021 at 8:05 AM, Nurmblitz said:

Are you sure? According to screenshots they look a bit FS2002ish... 

Hi Nurmblitz, I'm afraid you've got a good point. I have both the Learjet 35A and MU-2B-60, which everyone is raving about over here (as well as one or two other Flysimware aircraft).

And yes, the texturing is not the greatest. I wouldn't quite say FS2002, which is more "grainy", but definitely more FSX, perhaps even FS9-ish. But trust me that is the only shortcoming of these aircraft. The modelling of both the external and cockpit is superb, with incredible attention to detail to each instrument, knob and dial (10/10).

As for the rest, it is absolutely perfect. The sounds, which to me are the most important for immersion, are fantastic (10/10). The flight models are spot-on, as close to the real thing as you’re going to get (10/10). Apparently the developer owns an MU-2B-60 and wanted to create something as real as possible for him to train on. Just a pity about the graphics/textures, I have to agree with you on that one, I give it (7/10).

So, an average score of 9.25/10 in my opinion. Perhaps Flysimware should hire a Carenado graphic designer for the texturing and get 10/10?

Edited by rooitou
  • Upvote 1

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Or an eager modder could do something with the textures. Thanks for the reviews I'll go and see closer. 

3 hours ago, rooitou said:

graphics/textures  (7/10).

That's true for the MU-2, but I find the lattest Falcon textures (made by Wickedbacon92) excellents.

Gérard

Edit; VC screen shot

beLFwjN.jpg

Edited by gaab
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, gaab said:

That's true for the MU-2, but I find the lattest Falcon textures (made by Wickedbacon92) excellents.

Gérard

Edit; VC screen shot

beLFwjN.jpg

Did he complete the Falcon and make them available? I was just reading an older post about them and was under the impression that he had moved onto MSFS only.

5 hours ago, NormH3 said:

Did he complete the Falcon and make them available? I was just reading an older post about them and was under the impression that he had moved onto MSFS only.

He completed the texture you see on my screen shots in february 2019.

He started a new version in May 2020 (see Quarantine surprise on Flysimware threads).

But in October 2020

If the Falcon comes to MSFS, I will indeed texture it, I have almost completely stopped developing and texturing for P3D.

So, end of the story.

Gérard

10 minutes ago, gaab said:

He completed the texture you see on my screen shots in february 2019.

Thank you. I was confused by his post and the one you had made showing the updated version. Are the Feb 2019 textures available or was that a limited release?

On 4/6/2021 at 2:10 PM, Nurmblitz said:

Well, maybe they are not so good at screenshots then.

I think the 35A is done pretty well for a sim engine that released in 2006.

It even has rain effect on cockpit glass!

There was also an interior texture mod done for it somewhere on here.

Then again I fly it in VR where its rendered in stereoscopic 3D so that can make everything look amazing.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2