Sign in to follow this  
Wilhelm Prytz

T2G Munich not working in Prepar3D v5

Hello, 

I've owned T2G Munich for almost a year now. It worked perfect in V4, but when I switched to P3D v5, it stopped working. Default textures are bleeding through everywhere. I know that there isn't a official compatible version for V5, but I've many other sceneries with out one that works perfect with V5. it would be nice to be able to keep T2G Munich instead of the new scenery, so any help is gladly appreciated:-)

I have the following order in the scenery library:

EDDM-LC-ELV

EDDM

EDDM-TERRAIN

11 hours ago, Wilhelm Prytz said:

I have the following order in the scenery library:

EDDM-LC-ELV

EDDM

EDDM-TERRAIN

You have them in the wrong order. EDDM should be top, then LC-ELV and TERRAIN last.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for the replies. When I downloaded the Inibuilds file and installed it, nothing happenend. I reloaded the scenery but the problem still remained. I apparently had it in the following order instead: EDDM

EDD-LC-ELEV

EDDM-TERRAIN

I later switched order so I put LC-ELEV at the top, and EDDM second, and that seemed to remove all default taxi way signs, however the default terminal buildings still remain...

@Wilhelm Prytz, I suggest you uninstall and reinstall again. Then check it's working before adding any 3rd party stuff from inibuilds. I have that airport working fine in P3Dv5.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks again for the reply. I actually just fixed it by just making an exclusion in ADE. Quite a simple fix!

But thanks for the help, really appreciate it!

Edited by Wilhelm Prytz
  • Like 1

taxi2gate EDDm doesn't work for me , tried everything including ini builds , iam going to wait for a fix , love Munich airport 😏

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

Why wait for something that may never show up when you can just fix it yourself by making an exclude with ADE like Wilhlem mentioned above?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

i do use inibuilds for several non compatability airports , is just this particular thats a pain in the a### !

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

On 4/6/2021 at 9:54 PM, sonny147 said:

taxi2gate EDDm doesn't work for me , tried everything including ini builds , iam going to wait for a fix , love Munich airport 😏

Sonny147, when you said you tried everything, was this with EDDM in v4.5 or v5? What problem were you seeing?

FWIW, I have EDDM installed for v4.5 but thanks to Lorby Addon Manager, I have added the same entries for P3Dv5. Works fine. The only thing I had to do was locate my EDDM scenery folder outside of the main v4 sim folder for this to be shared.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Thanks for that , it's working now , I guess I was doing something wrong , 🤔

I also wanted to mention a couple of more things here should people run across issues in the future:

1. I had a strange behavior with default terminal buildings also and discovered that Orbx GES region was also a cause. While I had disabled EDDMs bgl files to off in the Orbx GES scenery folder, obviously though some subsequent Orbx update that file had been re-added again and was active as a .BGL file.

2. I had some issues with the SODE gates that comes in the scenery by default (assuming SODE is enabled through the EDDM Configurator), the SODE jetway started its operation but it would clone the jetway as it began to move to the aircraft door e.g. it spawned a second version of the jetway that was movable, the first jetway at the gate being static.
This issue was resolved by visiting the T2G website and looking for the update named SODE-EDDMV1.2rar for P3Dv4 & v5 that replaces the objects in the Simobjects folder of SODE and also the related XML file for EDDM in the XML folder of your SODE installation.

Edited by 787flyer
  • Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I was considering replacing this with the Aerosoft version of EDDM since I found it on sale this week, so I revisited the T2G scenery in P3Dv5.

On closer examination, the iniBuilds exclusion file for EDDM that I was using did not completely exclude all of the default autogen buildings, most notably the default terminal 1, so I had some default P3Dv5 autogen objects merging with the T2G scenery.  I built my own exclusion with ADE, installed it into a layer below the T2G scenery layers, and once that was done the default autogen was gone.  I concluded that the T2G scenery is actually still quite good...enough so that replacing it to gain some marginal improvements found in the Aerosoft version wasn't worth the expense to me, even on sale.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

i just ended up buying the aerosoft version, cant Waite for ever for T2G 

The Aerosoft version is very nice. I replaced T2G with this one.

Eric