Sign in to follow this  
Freo

New buyer problem

Have just bought and downloaded the GTN 750. I used to have the F1 750GTN some time ago, but have deleted it. However, on loading an aircraft , and clicking the GTN 750 icon, it loads onto the panel, but the following notices, in yellow appear. Navigation, Base Map, Obstacle, Safe Taxi Terrain. Not Found.   Charts, Not Available. 

Have tried loading into different aircraft with the same result. What is going on !!!

I am no computer wizard, so can someone please explain in simple terms how to correct this. It very frustrating, after paying for something, and it not working as expected.

P3Dv4.5 

Just to add, why is there no desktop icon for the trainer, as the F1 GTN had ?

Edited by RXP

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

Freo,

It sounds to me like you have not loaded the Garmin trainer (from memory it is about 2 gigs) The GTN installer should have prompted you to do this.

Also bear in mind that Garmin does not download the latest data and, again, from memory, the data you will download from that is about vintage 2016. so you will never get data up to date using the GTN750 either from F1 or RXP as the data source is from Garmin.

Good luck mate

Tony

Edited by RXP

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have the Garmin Aviation Trainer Launcher, open on my desktop.

When i press the Power On button, located on the bottom right hand corner, the GTN Trainer launches, with all the currently installed Databases, so I really am at a loss as to what the problem might be. I realize that the data is not the latest, so that doesn't really bother me.

Cheers, 

Edited by Freo

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

Freo,

Mate did you buy the F1 or the RXP version.  Not that, that make much of a difference. Having re-read your first post I am assuming that you went with RXP.  Good choice, particularly if you need support.

Are you completely sure that your original version was uninstalled as opposed to deleted as any residue from the original may be creating a conflict.

If you have indeed, installed the RXP GTN (given that we are in that forum) then I am going to assume that the problem is with the Garmin trainer installation. Despite it being a lengthy download, I would recommend that you redownload that and reinstall it. I would also recommend that when you do the reinstall, let it install into the directory it wants to go to, just in case you have installed it elsewhere.

Other than these suggestions, I am sure Jean-Luc will catch up with you shortly. He is very prominent on the RXP forum, which of course, is where we are at.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

@Freo Hi,

Can you please review the following topic and report what paths the registry keys are indicating?

5 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

from memory, the data you will download from that is about vintage 2016.

NB: the RXP GTN supports the latest Garmin Trainers 3.0.1.0 with databases cycle 2004 (Apr.2020)

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Jean,

I just knew you would jump in here to correct me if I had made an error and do it in a timely manner.  For that I thank you.

Now that you are on the case and so very much better at it than I am, I shall bow out of this gracefully.  I am sure that Freo will be grateful.

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

Hi Jean,

I have somehow managed to get into "regedit" and found the registry keys. As explained in my first question, I not a computer expert, so I have no idea what " paths the registry keys are indicating means".

I am getting a bit frustrated with this situation, to say the least, so I would really like to get this working as it should.

Neil

Neil Ward

@Freo What I mean is each of the listed keys have values associated (like "C:\x\y\z" )

What are these values for each of the keys on your system?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

This is what I have:

Name                                       Type                                   Data

Default                                     REG-SZ                            (Value not set)

BinPath                                        "                                    C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin Trainers\

BootstrapperLoc                          "                                    C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{f781fb66-5183-47fb-b55o-9d83830539f4}\GarminTrainerSetup.exe

DataPath                                     "                                    C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\

GitExePath                                 "                                     C:\Program Files (x86)\ Garmin\Trainers\Launcher\…

LauncherExePath                       "                                      C:\Program Files (x86)\ Garmin\Trainers\Launchers\…

Hope this is what you want

Neil Ward

@Freo Thank you for this.

- Can you confirm you've installed the Trainers databases to C:?

- Can you confirm the following path is in your hard drive?

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases

- Can you tell whether you have any file in the aforementioned folder starting with nav_ and what their sizes are?

- Can you confirm you've installed the Trainers databases to C:?   Yes

Can you confirm the following path is in your hard drive?

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases     Yes

Can you tell whether you have any file in the aforementioned folder starting with nav_ and what their sizes are?

Nav_db2.bin                     22847kb
Nav_db2_grm.bin             8209kb
Nav_heli_db2.bin            10444kb
Nav_heli_db2_grm.bin    10720kb

Neil Ward

This seems to be in order, at the correct location, which is puzzling!

- Are you running P3D4 as-admin?

- Can you please post the content of the RXP log files? (see RXP User's Manual for file/path)

Hope this is what you want. This is becoming tiresome, and not what I expected, for something which I have paid for.

I am running P3Dv4 as admin.

RXP  Log files

21/04/08 02:14:54.486 15196 -    ] # rxpGTN.dll version 2.5.28.2
21/04/08 02:14:54.486 15196 INFO ] 

21/04/08 02:14:51.446 15944 -    ] # rxpGTN_menu.dll version 2.5.28.0
21/04/08 02:14:51.448 15944 INFO ] edit panel: E:\P3Dv4\SimObjects\Airplanes\MV_C310R\panel\panel.cfg

21/04/08 02:14:56.597 15196 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.28.0
21/04/08 02:14:56.597 15196 INFO ] 
21/04/08 02:17:14.655 15196 ERROR] no device available for GTN 650.1

Neil Ward

6 hours ago, Freo said:

21/04/08 02:17:14.655 15196 ERROR] no device available for GTN 650.1

You're trying to use a GTN 650 device, however, did you also purchase the GTN 650 product?

Edited by RXP

This is getting more and more confusing. I only downloaded and paid for the GTN 750, so I have no idea how the GTN 650 got involved. I did have the F1 GTN 750/650 combo before I deleted them though.

If it is of any use to you, when I use the Trainer Launcher and bring up the version manager it shows the following:

Launcher: Installed Version 3.0.10

GTN (v6.70) : Installed Version 6.70.29.0  (and a box underneath highlighted in red saying Uninstall)

GTN(v6.62) : Installed Version 6.62.4.0 ( same type box but but not highlighted)

There is no GTN 650 showing anywhere in the version manager                                               

Edited by RXP

Neil Ward