Sign in to follow this  
Freo

New buyer problem

On 4/12/2021 at 10:40 PM, Freo said:

This is getting more and more confusing. I only downloaded and paid for the GTN 750, so I have no idea how the GTN 650 got involved.

We're offering 2 products: the GTN 750 and the GTN 650 and these are 2 different purchases.

Please note you can benefit from a -50% discount coupon when you've already purchased the 750 and you're purchasing the 650 to complete your collection!

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I know that the GTN 750 and the GTN 650 are different purchases. I did not want the GTN 650, that is why I didn't buy it.  Why would I possibly buy another one of your products, when the one that I have, doesn't WORK properly anyway. Just how long is this farce going to continue for. 

If you cannot supply an answer to correct this issue, I would like a refund, because at present, it is utterly useless, and I may as well not have it installed.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

On 4/5/2021 at 10:27 PM, Freo said:

on loading an aircraft , and clicking the GTN 750 icon, it loads onto the panel

I am reading this and trying to understand your situation... First of all there is no need to start the trainer, so no shortcut icon required.. But not sure how you are integrating the GTN.. are you adding it as a popup window?  Just trying to understand what you are looking at..

Which aircraft?  The fact that the 650 shows up in the error message tells me that you must be referencing a 650 in your panel.cfg file..

As a comparison, my log file shows:

21/04/11 23:47:46.877 06604 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.28.0
21/04/11 23:47:46.876 06604 INFO ]
21/04/11 23:48:08.089 08880 INFO ] GTN 750.1 - TRAINER 6624

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

On 4/6/2021 at 4:39 AM, RXP said:

NB: the RXP GTN supports the latest Garmin Trainers 3.0.1.0 with databases cycle 2004 (Apr.2020)

Is there possibly an issue with GTN 6.70 vs 6.62?

Does the OP have both versions installed?

Bert

14 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Is there possibly an issue with GTN 6.70 vs 6.62?

Does the OP have both versions installed?

This is a good question, let me try to clarify all this:

• The latest Garmin Trainers installer includes the Launcher and the Databases only.
  • The GTN Trainer 6.70 is now an optional component you install from the Launcher only.
  • The latest RXP GTN software installer is installing the GTN Trainer 6.62.4 side-by-side to Garmin Trainers installation (i.e. Launcher).

In short the RXP installer does this:

1. Download and run the latest Trainers installer (3.0.1.0) if it was not detected on your system.
  2. Install the latest GTN Trainer 6.62.4 if it was not detected on your system
  3. Install the RXP software components for the simulator versions you've chosen.

@Freo The log file is showing you're attempting to load a GTN 650 device, therefore my comment about it.

I believe one possible problem is you're running the simulator as-admin. When you do, you're essentially telling Windows to redirect not only your credentials (the file access rights) but Windows is also redirecting registry and file path access (to some of them at least). This means if you're installing a software as a user and during installation registry path are created for this user, with this user access rights, it is possible when using an app reading these registry path as-admin that Windows is pointing to a totally different location. Our software is supposed to cope with this but it is still possible there is a problem related to this.

• Did you forcefully installed the Garmin trainer and/or the RXP GTN as-admin ? (forcefully meaning right-click > run as-admin)
  • Can you try running the simulator just as a "normal" user and compare?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)