Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

small pauses

I've never suffered much of the stuttering. After the fix something new I hadn't before though  : isolated small pauses of 2/3 seconds, once or twice in an average session of 60/90 minutes  I could come my 4G ISP of course but it came after the fix. Anybody else ?

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I'd say...

Increase RAM to 32GB and drop in a 2070 GPU. Lock your FPS to 30fps

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

As there was no pause 15 days ago, I doubt that it comes from my hardware.  

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Same as you..generally running fine after the latest fix but i will get the occasional 2-3 sec freeze, as you say every 60-90 mins or so.  I'm wired up so if its the same issue its not your 4G.

• Like 1

Yes, same here, wired up as well, and also since last fix.

I call them the "panic pauses" because I'm never sure they won't end in CTDs, but fortunately it occurs rarely.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

i had them also and put it down the background processes, I use alacrity app now and close all apps and services down whilst I run the sim then when finished it starts everything back up. I suspect it was most likely anti virus so make sure you disable that as well whilst simming

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

4 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

i had them also and put it down the background processes, I use alacrity app now and close all apps and services down whilst I run the sim then when finished it starts everything back up. I suspect it was most likely anti virus so make sure you disable that as well whilst simming

Wayne

I thought of that too. But I only have the built in W10 anti-virus. I will go and check if other services could do that .

EDIT Thinking of it I've Malwarebytes too.  

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

15 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I thought of that too. But I only have the built in W10 anti-virus. I will go and check if other services could do that .

EDIT Thinking of it I've Malwarebytes too.  

I too have seen these pauses and have an interesting bit to potentially add to this...    I run MSFS with a monitor running on CPU and GPU usage and temps because to my mind..  MSFS2020 is not particularly optimised for machine stability  (lets be nice and call it that).    I have noticed that when I get a mini-pause..  the CPU utilisation AND Temperature goes up quite dramatically...  in my case..  6% utilisation and 65 degrees to 8% utilisation but 72 degrees..  so something is hitting the system hard for that second or so and its CPU usage, not GPU or Memory Usage...   I havent turned of any other processes.. but by looking at other logs...   it is MSFS2020 which suddenly hammers the CPU.. all other processes remain constant throught this..

Now what does this mean...  heck if I know.. but I do know its MSFS that suddenly causes the lock  not something else from outside.

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Yep, same for me.  Sim runs well since the patch but occasional stutters lasting for a second or two every so often.  It could be a virus check affecting resources or download efficiency.  I have no anti virus software other than Windows Defender as installed by W10.

It could also be something in the router cutting in as I I know that my router has some kind of malicious software defence.

I could try checking with the router protection disabled and Windows defender off or in a pre cached area, I suppose, but as it was not present prior to the updates, My suspicion is ASOBO.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Not Malwarebytes, just got a pause taking off from Pula with the Spit', after having uninstalled it and restarted the computer.

Dominique

On 4/6/2021 at 10:53 AM, Dominique_K said:

I've never suffered much of the stuttering. After the fix something new I hadn't before though  : isolated small pauses of 2/3 seconds, once or twice in an average session of 60/90 minutes  I could come my 4G ISP of course but it came after the fix. Anybody else ?

You are not alone. 300 MBit fiber here so I doubt it has to do with the connection...

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

I too have seen this. Just long enough to think "oh hell, it's CTD time" and then it recovers. Not noticed before the stutterfest prior to the last big update.

I wondered if it's related to weather cells, as in sim depictions of weather areas. I fly a lot on Vatsim so I've got into the (bad) habit of constantly tapping B to reset the altimeter to my true height because default live weather doesn't transition smoothly between cells. I couldn't say for sure that the big pauses are wx related, but the impact on the plane when you move into a new cell is like hitting an object.

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

36 minutes ago, lambourne said:

I too have seen this. Just long enough to think "oh hell, it's CTD time" and then it recovers. Not noticed before the stutterfest prior to the last big update.

I wondered if it's related to weather cells, as in sim depictions of weather areas. I fly a lot on Vatsim so I've got into the (bad) habit of constantly tapping B to reset the altimeter to my true height because default live weather doesn't transition smoothly between cells. I couldn't say for sure that the big pauses are wx related, but the impact on the plane when you move into a new cell is like hitting an object.

Live weather might cause some of this, but I run with live weather off (I like to select my weather) and I still get these issues. 

It could be scenery, server data related, or a bit of anything and everything really - I give up on it out of frustration chasing my tail to alleviate it.  Asobo can analyse it hopefully and get a fix out for it.

PS.  Also, what RXP said!  :smile:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

43 minutes ago, RXP said:

@RXP I just read your article.  Very interesting!  Thanks for putting the time in to try to solve this.

I have a repeatable area where I get the pauses (GPU, CPU zero utilisation etc.) east of Salzburg airport.  I will experiment tonight with your suggested adjustments and tell you if it alleviates it of not.

By the way, do you know what is meant by 'manipulators'?  These also drop to zero at the same time as the GPU and CPU.  I am not sure if that is a cause or symptom, as they have never been explained properly (internal Asobo terminology?).

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.