Sign in to follow this  
apomet

Distance from a waypoint

Is there a way to know the exact distance between the aircraft and a specific waypoint during the flight?

yes there is. It is shown in the flight plan once you validate or file the plan. It's the 4th column over. Also it is shown along the top labeled  WPT DIST DTK ETE  That would be the exact distance to that waypoint

Edited by bjwoody61

I didn't mean that. Along the top you see the distance from the NEXT waypoint and on the 4th column the distance from one waypoint to the next.

What I mean is the distance between the aircaft and any given waypont in the route not only the next one.

Edited by apomet

Yes, I know that. Sometimes ATC assigns you to a specific altitude for a specific waypoint: "You have to cross XXXXX at flight level XXX". It is convenient to know the distance from this waypoint in order to start descend on time. Thanks anyway!!!

Absolutely! The RXP GTN 750

nearest airport

vor

waypoint

NDB

THE GTN750 is worth its weight in Paladium

Sending protective and healing vibes to y’all and your loved ones!

Do your fellow American brothers and sisters a patriotic solid, and mask up!

Chas!

Edited by hesynergy
Open Circuit betwixt brain & fingertip

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

12 hours ago, apomet said:

Yes, I know that. Sometimes ATC assigns you to a specific altitude for a specific waypoint: "You have to cross XXXXX at flight level XXX". It is convenient to know the distance from this waypoint in order to start descend on time. Thanks anyway!!!

I assume that you would be following a STAR into an airport and you are either approaching TOD or already descending according to that STAR. The waypoint given would be shown in the flight plan with distances and altitude and/or speed restriction. It wouldn't be to difficult to calculate the distance needed for that waypoint. Or you can dial it in to the auto pilot and let the plane descend to that altitude until you cross it.

Edited by bjwoody61

Thank you. I will try this. I am not so experienced and familiar with all the procedures.