Sign in to follow this  
Beagle12

Carenado C182T

I have it, but I never use it, I can't stand the engine sound, it is really awful and annoying to my ears, I wish I could replace the engine sound with the default C-172.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

10 hours ago, fppilot said:

Is she aware of that?  LOL!  
I dare not ask my wife or any of my three daughters for their weights.  I just "approximate"! So far I have lived to be 72! 😁

Good question. Yes she is aware as I had to ask her for her weight and she didn't hesitate. I am very lucky, she understands my joy and approach in this hobby and encourages me. I tell her about each of "our" flights together! I fully anticipate surviving the next five weeks and joining you at 72.

• Like 2

Not great, I also hate the engine sound and I have all the Carenado planes, this is the only one that never leaves the hanger. The Mooney is real fun, and I like the Arrow, but nothing beats the JF Arrow, I have at least 120 hours flying the Arrow not much but enough to "feel" like the real thing one of the best sim planes Ive ever flown along with the CJ4, and I really love the default C172 steam version, really reminds me of the long hours going after my PPL. But every one to each his own.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joe cooper said:

but nothing beats the JF Arrow

I'm curious what it is about the JF plane that makes you so passionate about it, and for that matter the Mooney too? It sounds like you may have some time in real planes so I'm always curious for the reason when a real pilot says they like a specific sim plane...is it the way they fly?

I'm especially curious about how well the Mooney performs a cross controlled approach in crosswinds....does it behave as it should...does it run out of rudder authority too soon, etc?

17 hours ago, hangar said:

Not wanting to walk away with the thread, but since it was mentioned (the Mooney)... how well does it allow one to perform cross controlled cross-wind approaches?

It's definitely not a realair Legacy haha

The Mooney is okay - I feel like you can land in a crosswind but Asobo still has some flight model issues to work out overall.  I fly the Mooney fairly often and also use the PMS GNS530 mod.  I really enjoy the analogue gauges.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I really enjoy the analogue gauges.

I hear ya, that's why I keep considering the Mooney for myself. There's nothing quick & elegant in the sim without the glass.

13 minutes ago, hangar said:

I hear ya, that's why I keep considering the Mooney for myself. There's nothing quick & elegant in the sim without the glass.

The JF Arrow is probably the better addon overall but it's an Arrow.  It's slow hehe.

Mooney is the only analogue option unless you want the Spitfire or Corsair.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Right, and I fully confess to not being a fan of older historic aircraft...I mean, the Corsair is a cool looking plane and amazing design went into the real plane and all...but I just don't feel like owning or flying one. The Arrow is just too benign for me...I understand the trainer mentality and being sentimental but that sort of plane is just not for me, likely because I have no time in a real one.

But I'd probably end up buying a whole lot more airplane's if they'd have demo's on offer 🙂

Edited by hangar

Two aircraft I have enjoyed fling over the years have been the A2A Comanche and their T6 Texan. I wish A2A could make those aircraft for MSFS 2020. Close to the Comanche is the JF Arrow 3. Each one of them make me feel like I am flying a real aircraft. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Two aircraft I have enjoyed fling over the years have been the A2A Comanche and their T6 Texan. I wish A2A could make those aircraft for MSFS 2020. Close to the Comanche is the JF Arrow 3. Each one of them make me feel like I am flying a real aircraft. 

I think most simmers would buy the A2A stuff.  I'd love love love an RV7 or Lancair Legacy though.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

8 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I'm guessing you haven't seen that Scott let slip that the Comanche will be A2A's first release for MSFS? Sounds like it's pretty well progressed too. Check out the A2A forum. Cheers - Ads

Ads Kluczinsky

44 minutes ago, Wakner said:

I'm guessing you haven't seen that Scott let slip that the Comanche will be A2A's first release for MSFS? Sounds like it's pretty well progressed too. Check out the A2A forum. Cheers - Ads

Got my credit card all dusted off.  Thanks for the heads up. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Wakner said:

For me, it would be A2A's B377...I never could invest the time, so I never pulled the trigger then, but I *so* would now! 🙂

https://a2asimulations.com/product/captain-of-the-ship-b377-stratocruiser-fsx/

I bought it, flew it once or twice, then uninstalled. Not that there was anything wrong with it, I just prefer the default 172 panel and sounds.

I don't have the B377 but I do have the Connie - the COTS system brings a little bit extra to the aircraft ... and to the B377, I would imagine.

Really hoping we see as many A2A aircraft in MSFS as possible!

If you look through Scott's recent posts on the subject over on the A2A forum he does seem to imply that, once the interface work has been done for their first release (Commanche), he expects that to significantly accelerate MSFS conversion for more of their existing aircraft.

Happy days!!!

Ads Kluczinsky