Sign in to follow this  
jcallum

Aerosoft CRJ Voice control cannot set parking brake

With the Aerosoft CRJ, after pushback, I am unable to reset the parking brake. It starts to set and then flips back to released. I am using voice control. This doesn't happen with the FBW A320 neo.

John Callum   Nothing is impossible if you don't have to do it yourself.

Win 10, X-Plane 11.50, FS2020, Honeycomb Alpha, Saitek panels, HP Reverb G2

Some other users have experienced this too in the CRJ, but I could never reproduce it.

Hans, the CRJ developer, is assuming hardware connected to the parking brake is somehow at fault (or it's just some weird MSFS bug) because PBE doesn't write to the parking brake at all.  We only read it.

Does this happen if you use the default ATC system to push the plane back (not using PBE?)

7 hours ago, byork said:

Some other users have experienced this too in the CRJ, but I could never reproduce it.

Hans, the CRJ developer, is assuming hardware connected to the parking brake is somehow at fault (or it's just some weird MSFS bug) because PBE doesn't write to the parking brake at all.  We only read it.

Does this happen if you use the default ATC system to push the plane back (not using PBE?)

I don't know but I will try that to see what happens.

John Callum   Nothing is impossible if you don't have to do it yourself.

Win 10, X-Plane 11.50, FS2020, Honeycomb Alpha, Saitek panels, HP Reverb G2

I have the same issue. When the pushback is finished, I can‘t set the parking brake. However, as soon as I shut down PBE the tug disconnects and I can set the brake.

I have no hardware with a button mapping for the parking brake in use. The only brake related hardware are my pedals for left and right brakes.

Hope this information helps.

I just tested the pushback with the ATC menu. Setting and releasing the parking brake works without problems.

Okay, I see the problem 🙂

We were firing the toe brakes at the end of the pushback.  Evidently, in the CRJ, you can't press the tow brakes and set the parking brake at the same time 🙂

In other MSFS planes, this is not an issue.

I recall we were firing the toe brakes to prevent the aircraft from rolling backwards or forwards if case you were on a slant.

We'll release an update shortly.

What's more, another bonus for V2.0, we're going to add a new setting to the Settings Page first that allows you to select a PTT key from the Setting page rather than having to edit the .xml directly.

Edited by byork
  • Like 2