Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

Any tips for enhanced atmospheric=on in VR [P3Dv5]?

Till now I fly without EA. I had bad experiance with enhanced atmospheric = on in VR. Worse FPS (a lot), too dark shadows, clouds problem with Active Sky (for example METAR shows overcast and I saw clear sky).

Today I turned on to test and.... I started to like it (with Envshade)! Looks really nice and FPS are really OK for VR.

3wEf27b.jpg

Any tips for EA settings for VR and Active Sky P3D? I remember it was a problem with layers (of clouds). Is it present still?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Make sure you have the latest beta version of ASP3D and enable detailed clouds. I think it's enough to use medium cloud resolution in VR with the Rift S. It will save you some FPS. Other than that, there's not much to do that is different from legacy.

Edited by andreh

yep, I use MEDIUM, my settings for EA: 

BStAlm6.jpg

20 minutes ago, andreh said:

enable detailed clouds

I have the latest but where is this option in ASP3D? Thx.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

In "simulator depiction", I believe. Also, I would reduce LOD radius. Proably contributes a lot to your stutters. I only use medium myself. In VR you can't see very much detail in the distance anyway so you'll lose nothing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, andreh said:

In "simulator depiction", I believe. Also, I would reduce LOD radius. Proably contributes a lot to your stutters. I only use medium myself. In VR you can't see very much detail in the distance anyway so you'll lose nothing.

Thx. I think You talk about this setting:

EURW2cbl.jpg

So it must be OFF (like on screenshot) or ON (ticked)?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

3 hours ago, YoYo said:

Thx. I think You talk about this setting:

EURW2cbl.jpg

So it must be OFF (like on screenshot) or ON (ticked)?

No. That's not it. You have the stable version of ASP3D. You need to go to HIFI's download page and download and install the beta version. It will have an additional setting for 'enable detailed clouds' here. Tick it, and the clouds will improve dramatically.

• Like 1

Thx I see it. I have 7638 but on HiFi its 7668 version. This 7638 doesnt inform about update. I'll try it, thx again.

Btw. this option do you have ticked or not? This for volumeric cloud control?

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

54 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Btw. this option do you have ticked or not? This for volumeric cloud control?

I have it enabled. I think it makes sense to let AS do what it needs to do to work best with EA on. I find that this option does make the clouds look more realistic. It can be turned off if you want to use custom tweaks for the clouds, but if you don't use any custom tweaks, it's probably best to turn it on and AS will take care of it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

ASP3D should handle the clouds, meaning it should remain unticked as it was by default.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thx guys! Btw 2. Is it normal?

LQE37G7.jpg

White (fog?) line near horizon at dusk?

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

I have it enabled. I think it makes sense to let AS do what it needs to do to work best with EA on. I find that this option does make the clouds look more realistic. It can be turned off if you want to use custom tweaks for the clouds, but if you don't use any custom tweaks, it's probably best to turn it on and AS will take care of it.

So leave it unticked - as default?

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

16 hours ago, YoYo said:

So leave it unticked - as default?

Yes

17 hours ago, YoYo said:

Thx guys! Btw 2. Is it normal?

LQE37G7.jpg

White (fog?) line near horizon at dusk?

This does not not look normal. Clear your shaders and let them rebuild. Are you using Envshade? If so, make sure you have updated to the latest version and reaaply your modifications after you have cleared your old shaders.

• Upvote 1

Yes I use Envshade, thx for the advaices, I'll try it.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Ok, maybe it was this, I had it turn OFF:

ilBXsrn.jpg

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

I don’t know much about program  settings , however you mention AS shows a clear sky when the METAR reports overcast. I think for this Overcast to show you need the “cloud coverage density “  ( bottom right on world menu) turned up full.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.