Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Airbus H135 copter hard to fly?

Can you fly this thing with just an Xbox controller? I also have a logitech extreme 3d pro. Was wondering if it would be possible to use either one of these devices to fly this helicopter.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

16 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Can you fly this thing with just an Xbox controller? I also have a logitech extreme 3d pro. Was wondering if it would be possible to use either one of these devices to fly this helicopter.

They even have an xbox mode designed specifically for controlling with a game pad.

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Wow, that's awesome! I've been waiting for something like this in MSFS! Would make a great way to explore the beautiful scenery!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

@captain420 Follow our Discord server and you will be delighted with what we are doing and the close rapport with the developers, with several changes each day.

https://discord.gg/SAFBFu42

Martin

• Like 2

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

8 hours ago, sauviat said:

Follow our Discord server

I tried to get into it and it just turned into a disaster, now why do we want to go to another place to post? 🤨

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jpc55 said:

I tried to get into it and it just turned into a disaster, now why do we want to go to another place to post? 🤨

If you wanted support from the people who have been developing or help from users who are using the addon then the discord server is the place to be. That's why it's been suggested. Or yon post in the main thread here but I guess replies may be slow compared to the discord server.

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

It was updated yesterday, but the newest version changed some of the textures and the lightning operations to switches and in my opinion is a step back.

Hopefully in future versions the textures can be improved.

Anyway, it's a very nice add-on and the best congrats for its developers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

This is the only aircraft I fly as of yet, I haven't flown any of airplanes yet! 

33 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

If you wanted support from the people who have been developing or help from users

And why go to a different site for that? Why not here? 😐

14 minutes ago, jpc55 said:

This is the only aircraft I fly as of yet, I haven't flown any of airplanes yet! 

The same reason why you would go to the PMDG forums for support on their products. If you want official support you go to their website. I'm not saying you can't post on here, its just someone suggested joining the discord server if you needed help as that is where you can get support from for the addon.

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

9 minutes ago, jpc55 said:

So you think the devs should track down every post on all kinds of websites? It is much more efficient use of their time to have all bug reports gathered at "their house".

• Like 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

5 minutes ago, espent said:

So you think the devs should track down every post on all kinds of websites

Absolutely not, they came here and posted! 

I really don't get how to fly the helicopter in MSFS 2020. I have a simple Saitek AV8R joystick.

Originally you had to map two throttles, one to increase engine rpm and another to move the collective.

Now you push the FADEC button and move the throttle and the helicopter lifts off and hovers in the air. If you move the second throttle, nothing seems to happen.

Pushing and pulling on the joystick seems to get you moving but its hard to keep it level and avoid over speeding, and I haven't figured out how to slow down and descend without falling backwards and crashing.

But it's fun, and the GTN 750 Garmin GPS works...

@dobee51 if you're flying in "advanced" remember it's all about torque and antitorque, with small movements of your pedals, collective and stick.

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

1 hour ago, dobee51 said:

I really don't get how to fly the helicopter in MSFS 2020. I have a simple Saitek AV8R joystick.

I sorry am not familiar with your Saitek AV8R joystick, I'm using T1600 and I learned that by manipulating my hat switch I was able to walk thru screens. 🙂

Airbus H135 v0.83 is now up on Flightsim.to! If you haven’t already, please give us a 5 star review!

• Animated torque pedals.
  • Added analog compass.
  • Added a number of detail elements to the cockpit.
  • Added fire extinguisher.
  • Added euronav control panels, keyboard outlets (inop).
  • Fixed engine control panel texture.
  • Upgrade lower radio, AP, systems panels between Capt and FO seats.
  • Install carpet.
  • Fix texture on base of cyclic.
  • Add emergency annunciations / engine control panel (inop).
  • Collective control animation now works on the ground with engines IDLE or OFF.
  • D-HECB is now the default livery
  • Switch added to overhead panel to remove the windshield in rain to prevent glitching
  • Download: Airbus H135 Helicopter Project » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Download: https://flightsim.to/file/8970/airbus-h135-helicopter-project

• Like 2

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon