Sign in to follow this  
weerory94

FSX Voice Recognition Activated - No speech being picked up

Using a new computer, and trying to get the voice activation to work. 

I've tried everything in the troubleshooting guide.  I'm using Windows 10, FSX:SE, the most recent versions of the Dash 8 and FS2Crew.  

Using a headset which isn't detected by FS2 Crew. 

When I press voice it the green bar says it activated and when I try and call for a checklist nothing happens, no green bar, no response from the FO. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  

Did you run the voice training?

Is your Windows 10 fully up to date?

Does the Voice Button stay on?

Often this is the result of using an audio driver that doesn't work well with the speech recognition system.

We suggest using the stock Microsoft Audio drivers instead of ones provided by your motherboard.

Cheers

Thanks, yes voice training complete and windows 10 up to date.   Voice button stays on.  

Have you got a pointer on where to look to change the audio driver? 

Thanks 

9 hours ago, weerory94 said:

Would a USB Microphone rectify the issue? 

You bought the program last year, so it's something to do with your new computer setup.

USB headsets are better, but your current mic should still work.

Does this apply to you?

A: Uninstall Asus Sonic Studio, Asus Sonic Radar and Asus Studio 3 if you have them installed.  You don't need their bloatware. That solved it for one user.  Another user had an audio program called Nahimic running on his laptop.  Uninstall it.

If you're having trouble uninstalling Nahimic, read this.

No, afraid not, USB headset hasn't helped either. 

The sounds is powered by Realtek(R) Audio and there is also AMD for the HDMI port. 

Checked privacy settings and its showing that FSX is accessing the microphone. 

I've spoken to Dell/the company I bought it from.  I tried a reinstall of FS2Crew but that hasn't helped either. 

Just found Nahimic Service in the task manager, it wasn't in the apps list.  Will follow the instructions and report back. 

1 minute ago, weerory94 said:

Just found Nahimic Service in the task manager, it wasn't in the apps list.  Will follow the instructions and report back. 

That's probably it... Nahimic  can cause problems.  Make sure it's thoroughly off your computer.

Failing that, uninstall your Real Tek audio driver.  Shut down and re-start Windows.  Windows should automatically install the generic audio driver.

39 minutes ago, byork said:

That's probably it... Nahimic  can cause problems.  Make sure it's thoroughly off your computer.

Failing that, uninstall your Real Tek audio driver.  Shut down and re-start Windows.  Windows should automatically install the generic audio driver.

I can run a checklist now thank you so much for your help! 

For me it wasn't in my apps list, it was a process in task manager.  I found the location deleted, and had to delete one of the .dll files through registery. 

Thanks again, and best wishes. 

Rory

1 hour ago, byork said:

Glad you got it sorted!

Nahimic is evil 🙂

Not sure its not sorted, got ready for my first flight and was ready to do the first checklist, no response.  So I clicked a few buttons and then FS2 Crew gave me the following error code - 0x8007007e or c (can't read my writing). 

5 hours ago, weerory94 said:

Not sure its not sorted, got ready for my first flight and was ready to do the first checklist, no response.  So I clicked a few buttons and then FS2 Crew gave me the following error code - 0x8007007e or c (can't read my writing). 

So it works again......I think I caused the error by trying to change from headset to speakers in the FS2Crew settings.   I didn't touch it the next time.  

I deleted the original voice profile and retrained it to my voice.  While I was doing this FSX was still open and the FO started speaking "Checked" at me.   

Finally got my first flight on the new laptop, will try again tomorrow and update you.  Thanks again for your help.