Sign in to follow this  
MicKata

rxpGNS2-FSIM-Setup error (resolved)

Hi,
yesterday I purchased the GNS530. After I fixed the TLS-Problem I could purchase and download the "rxpGNS2-FSIM-Setup"-File (23,8MB).
But, after I run this file (also as Administrator) I got this error-message: "This setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program."
I use Win7 SP1, no 3rd party security/firewall, Folder is "c:\RealityXP"(incl..key, .lic, Proof and Setup.exe)
So I did the following:
1.I reinstalled the file twice in a different folder. also with lic and key - but the same error ocurred
2. I read/tried your "Important Information for Windows Vista/Win7 Users" and "Things to try...":
     I fixed  Firewall, DEP... but no difference, still the error ocurred.
    I tried DEP: but  this program has to be started with active DEP! I can´t deactivate DEP for this file.
The other possibility (DEP only for windows applications) does not work as well ....
I´ve no idea what else I could do...please help!

Try to download a fresh copy of the program and use the "Reinstall" function to install it. The default folder is fine, no need to change it..

You should not have to run it as Administrator either..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Hi Bert, thanks for your fast feedback.

I tried this, but still the same error...

I think it´s not a download problem, the file seems to be ok (same size), the file is blocked...(don´t know why?)

1 hour ago, MicKata said:

I think it´s not a download problem, the file seems to be ok (same size), the file is blocked...(don´t know why?)

Please cross check you anti-virus quarantine first, and exclude RXP files if any.

For more information, please search our forums with "anti-virus".

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Now I deactivated MS Defender (only AV) and opened the Firewall.
I reinstalled, but I face still the same problem. No files in quarantine no RXP files to exclude.

Additionally, I now get an activation-limit notice.

Ok, F1 Service, but what is my Serial-No.(can I see it on my F1 account?), I have a Purchase Certification No. - doesn't work??? So next problem...yeah...

I really like to fly the Katana(FSX) and I would like to spend her a new, really nice GPS530 and having fun with this great instrument. But now I have to spend hours and hours in this purchase-sequence without any success! It's not fun!!! My Katana is rusting.

Why is it so complicated? Pay, download and run - still works with others FSX-Addons. It's only the purchase-process. But this? Lost in RealityXP, F1, AVSIM. Try this, look here, search that.

I would really like to use this great GPS, but I need a purchase-solution that works....

Edited by RXP

4 hours ago, MicKata said:

I reinstalled, but I face still the same problem.

Ok let's rewind and make sure about all this because it is starting to be confusing:

1) You're running Win7 SP1.

2) Every time you reinstall with the e-commerce installer, putting your F1 account info, and pressing REINSTALL, the following message shows:

"This setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program."

In order to resolve this, can you help identifying which one of the following is displaying the message?

Here are the key steps during the installation:

• Win7 when you double click the e-commerce installer
  • e-commerce installer before or right after you click REINSTALL
  • RXP software installer which runs automatically right after the e-commerce installer extracts it to C:\RealityXP
  • Garmin trainer installer which runs automatically right after the RXP software installer downloads it

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

ad 1) Yes

ad 2) Every time I reinstall with the e-commerce installer (with key or F1 account) the installer asked me which folder (I select "c:\RealityXP") and asked autostart after download (I select autostart yes). So I got the download (rxpGNS2-FSIM-Setup.exe and RXP-GNS530-FS.lic) from the e-commerce installer.

After autostart or manual (DbClick on .exe) the RXP software installer doesn't start, and I got the message "Error: The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program".

Always the same after 5-6 downloads.

The installation-process (RXP installer) does not start at all, so the Garmin Trainer installer does not start either.

I'm in Germany, could that be the reason for a download failure?
If it's helpful: the checksums of rxpGNS2-FSIM-Setup.exe are CRC-32{35313ECB} or CRC-64{39FE6D26E3E10320}

I confirm the files are corrupted because these are not the correct CRC (thank you for checking this!)

There is definitely something wrong there at the file system level.

What is the file size?

For reference:

rxpGNS2-FSIM-Setup.exe
Size: 24,991,150 bytes
CRC32: 780c7a47

rxpGNS2-FSIM-Setup.exe
Size: 24,991,150 Bytes (23MiB)
CRC32: 35313ECB

(Explorer shows size: 24.406 KB)

Is there a place you can host this file so that I can download it for analysis?

Sorry, but I don't no how to host this on my system. What could I do?

I checked rxpGNS2-FSIM-Setup.exe with WinRAR:
On WinRAR-menue "Extras" I try "Repair Archive" (don't no if the same in US)
I got this messages:
1. ! The file header is damaged
2. ! Unexpected end of file
3. ! A damaged header was found
4. ! No data repaired

Hope we are slowly getting one step closer to the solution 😉

22 minutes ago, MicKata said:

I checked rxpGNS2-FSIM-Setup.exe with WinRAR:

?? This is an executable, not an compressed file archive.

As for hosting, you'd have to upload the file somewhere (say google drive, msft onedrive, etc...) so that I can download it.

OK, I have a Link for you (Amazon Drive). Should I mail it. I don't like to post it public.

update:

@MicKata file was just corrupted for an unknown reason and downloading a fresh installer from our servers did cure the problem!