Sign in to follow this  
PEIRascal

Little Navconnect will not connect to FSX or MSFS 2020

Good afternoon,

I have been using Little Navmap networked for a long time. but now Little Navconnect will not connect to FSX or MSFS. It will connect to Little Navmap on the remote computer.

I have done a complete OS install, Fresh FSK (Gold) and fresh MSFS install. Installed the latest version Of Little Navmap (2.6.9)

I deleted any old .ini and .log files that I could find and did a fresh install on the flight sim computer and the remote computer. Little Navconnect shows not connected to the 

Here is a link to the .log file generated today after the fresh install.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmgPP6dgYZIS3TXvZ_tDCbBfD7C_?e=zmVmZ9

Any assistance greatly appreciated

Thanks for the log. Somehow Navconnect does not get an answer from the sim. There is not error message or exception at all.

Not sure if the FSX Gold includes the FSX SP2 . This is required to connect.
MSFS connection should be no issue and work out of the box.

Do you have any SimConnect.ini or SimConnect.CFG around in your home folder or Documents? Sometimes add-ons install or modify these which can keep other applications from connecting.

Alex

Thanks for the reply Alex,

Good to hear from the developer of this great piece of software.

For the record, FSX Gold does include Acceleration (has SP2). I have 3 versions on SimConnect installed

I did find a couple of instances on SimConnect.ini & .log on the computer. I have deleted them.

I have again removed the Little Navmap software from the Flying computer, and reinstalled to the root directory of the OS drive - (C:\Little Navmap).

Create a shortcut to  littlenavconnect.exe.

Launch the Sim (FSX)

Launch Littlenavconnect and voila - finally connected to FSX.

Thanks for the hint about old files that might be lurching around.

I guess we can say - Problem Solved

Thanks again

Hal

Great it's fixed. If I think about it: File permissions can also cause the issue if LNM/LNC cannot load its SimConnect.dll. Installing in a different place was maybe the solution.

Alex