Sign in to follow this  
Hans Hartvelt

How to update navdata with Navigraph?

In their latest update bulletin, Navigraph says that from now on they also supply navdata update support for VoxATC. But they don't explain how you must do this. Usually the FMS Data Manager finds the target folder itself, but concerning VOXATC that's not the case. And I also don't know where it is. As far as I know, VoxATC retrieves it's navdata from the simulator (P3D5 in my case), eventually updated by fsAerodata. Can anybody help me?

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

Hello Hans,  The Navigraph FMS Data Manager was updated to version 1.8.8.0404. 

Update too the new version, then rescan your computer via the "Addon Mappings" area and it will show up.

It puts my data under HIFI\AS_P3Dv4..  Hope this helps you!

-Rich

VOXATC has always used Navigraph for arrivals, departures and approaches. It uses the LevelD format. The VOXATC manual explains where to copy the navdata files. fsaerodata filled in everything else that was missing from the LevelD files. There was some talk of the VOXATC developer requesting his own Navigraph format, so maybe that's what you are referring to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

VOXATC developer requesting his own Navigraph format

@tegoid

That's the best news I've heard ..... this week.

An airac for ATC, not a plane is the way to go (a game changer for me compared with other ATC addons)

It would / should allow Vox to assign from a more comprehensive coverage of approach options (not just what is included in an afcad & for available runways) as well as assign "climb / descend via" departures & arrivals for RNAV procedures as distinct from legacy ones.

@Polymerman

Rich, a manual airac installs to C:\ProgramData\Internal Workings\VoxATC\Navdata & then you need to adjust the path you currently have in Vox Advanced Settings (from the LDS version).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

for now, cheers

john martin

I don't think that the format has changed but the Navigraph FMS Manager might show VOXATC as its own entry, rather than manually having to use LevelD and telling the app where the VOXATC folder is located.

2 hours ago, vadriver said:

a manual airac installs

rephrase ...... a manual navigraph FMS install of the new Vox airac (rather than using the FMS Manager).

I doubt Vox at this point in time will find the install either way without adjusting in Advanced Settings.

for now, cheers

john martin

5 hours ago, vadriver said:

@Polymerman

Rich, a manual airac installs to C:\ProgramData\Internal Workings\VoxATC\Navdata & then you need to adjust the path you currently have in Vox Advanced Settings (from the LDS version).

Thanks John!

I have been using the LevelD prior to this new NAVIGRAPH information.

I noticed that when you do an automatic scan it wants to put it in creates an Active Sky XP area and the

VoxAtc area and assigns both data to Program Files (x86)/HiFi/AS_P3Dv4. ???

I did follow your advice but  I had to create that folder manually as it wasn't present. 

And then when I deleted the extra Active Sky XP ( I have Active Sky for P3DV4) the Vox Atc area vanished too?

So i redid the autofind and then manually adjusted leaving the Active Sky XP in place.

Maybe Navigraph gave the wrong assignment and they need to correct the area assignment!

@Polymerman

Rich .... I have never used Navigraph's FMS Manager so can't offer comment on its "use".

As before, a Navigraph FMS manual install defaults to C:\ProgramData\Internal Workings\VoxATC\Navdata which I accept & assume is where TW intends it to be. I'm sure that procedure created the necessary folders (but then I can't recall seeing that or any other folders/files therein before this recent & Navdata is the only inclusion created yesterday)

Can I suggest you or another contact Vox or Navigraph to clarify ..... you being who knows the tale as FMS Manager user. 

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

19 hours ago, Polymerman said:

Maybe Navigraph gave the wrong assignment and they need to correct the area assignment

Post what you found on the official Navigraph support forum.

• Like 1

Thanks John and Jay!   I diid what you suggested!

45.png

Hello,
The new addition of VOX-ATC is mapping the navdata to the wrong folder!
Previously we have been using the LevelD prior to this new NAVIGRAPH information.

I noticed that when you do an automatic scan it wants to put it in creates an Active Sky XP area and the VoxAtc area and assigns both data to Program Files (x86)/HiFi/AS_P3Dv4. ???

And then when I deleted the extra Active Sky XP ( I have Active Sky for P3DV4) the Vox Atc area vanished too?

So i redid the autofind and then manually adjusted the area to C:\ProgramData\Internal Workings\VoxATC\ and leaving the Active Sky XP in place.

Can this please be corrected so that the proper Vox-Atc area is found!

Thank you for any trouble involved.

-Rich
(polymermans@yahoo.com)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Navigraph is really good about fixing things. They possibly weren't told where the VOXATC installation folder entry is in the Windows registry. Or maybe they got confused.

I noticed when other new apps and aircraft were added, it occasionally took Navigraph a few revisions to fix minor issues.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your contributions to this thread. I learned a lot of them.

The FMS Data Manager is the most convenient way to install Airac cycles for me. So I would like to continue the use of it for VoxATC too. I checked the version and it is 1.8.5. It's nice that the 1.8.8 version recognizes VoxATX automatically, but when it chooses a wrong target folder for the VoxATC navdata, an ugrade is not very useful. Then I must correct the path manually again. So this is what I have done.

I created a new Navdata folder in C:\Users\Hans\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings. Before I used the Level D Navdata, installed in folder D:\Level D\Navdata. In my opinion it doesn't matter how you name the folder and/or where you create this folder, as long as you tell the FMS Data Manager the path to this folder and tell VoxATC the path to this folder also.

In the FMS Data Manager I added VoxATC as  a new add-on. It's already in the list. Save. The next step is to inform the FMS Data Manager about the path to the new folder. You have 2 entries to choose from: Default and User ... folder. I choose the second one and selected the path to the new folder. 

Now VocATC is listed on the Add-on list. I checked the add-on for update and pushed the update button. I can follow the update proces. When I check the new folder, I see that it is filled with navdata.

In the advanced settings dialog of VoxATC I replaced the path to the Level D folder by a new path to the new folder.

I started a flight and started VoxATC. Everything is working fine in the first phase of the flight (flightplan clearance, start up, push back, taxi clearance), so I suppose that during the rest of the flight VoxATC will function properly too.

Thanks again for all your help.

• Like 1

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

Some "great" news ......  in future Vox releases,

• Vox's read of the new airac "will" be more automated (I assume/guess that means to that ProgramData folder already used by Navigraph Manual)
  • Vox will read holding data to manage traffic (Navigraph have included that data in the recent / new airac)
  • Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin