Sign in to follow this  
Hans Hartvelt

How to update navdata with Navigraph?

13 hours ago, vadriver said:

Some "great" news ......  in future Vox releases,

Hello John, where can I find info about 'future Vox releases'?

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

10 hours ago, Hans Hartvelt said:

info about 'future Vox releases'?

Hans

My earlier was a paraphrase of TW's reply to my support question about the "new" airac.

From other questions I have asked in the last year or so, it seems he has an overflowing "cup" of ideas but little time to evolve them because of "real" life needs. My impression is he is keen to improve traffic spawning & comms along with weather predictions amongst other IT improvements.

That's about what I know of Vox's future.... takes time but is getting better & contemporary.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

for now, cheers

john martin

John, thanks for this explanation. Apparently there are some users, like you and Jabloom, who do have a hotline with TW and who get answers form him. In your first reply in this thread you quote Jabloom, but you address him as @tegoid. Are they the same person? This VoxATC add-on remains a mystery. 😇

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

2 hours ago, Hans Hartvelt said:

John, thanks for this explanation. Apparently there are some users, like you and Jabloom, who do have a hotline with TW and who get answers form him. In your first reply in this thread you quote Jabloom, but you address him as @tegoid. Are they the same person? This VoxATC add-on remains a mystery. 😇

For the 100th time, Tegwyn West   @tegoid visits this subforum on a regular basis, although he doesn't post much. There is a small closed beta testing team which includes @kevinfirth and myself but we are not privy to all the development details.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

For the 100th time, Tegwyn West   @tegoid visits this subforum on a regular basis, although he doesn't post much. There is a small closed beta testing team which includes @kevinfirth and myself but we are not privy to all the development details.

Jabloom, sorry for this inconvenience (but the 100th time, is there a price connected to this number? 😁). But seriously, I didn't know this and for me it is useful info. So thank you very much for replying.

• Like 1

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

I received a reply from Navagraph:

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdub2.discourse-cdn.com%2Fbusiness20%2Fuser_avatar%2Fforum.navigraph.com%2Fnavdata%2F45%2F86_2.png&t=1619184851&ymreqid=54f50461-6f2d-3145-1c09-3c0001015500&sig=RsBFvzRO2J4vDADeRI0NKw--~D NAVData FMS Data Developer
April 22

Hi Rich,
sorry for the delay of these answer …

When you don´t have done it - please update the FDM to version 1.8.9.0421 … after that, remove the VoxATC entry, save it and make a re-scan of your system, that the FDM detects the VoxATC addon again. It should work - there was a little bug in the scan-engine which should be fixed with this version.

Thank you and sorry again for the delay,
Richard

On 4/8/2021 at 8:53 AM, vadriver said:

C:\ProgramData\Internal Workings\VoxATC\Navdata

@Polymerman

@tegoid

Rich

I suspect that Navigraph's FDM is looking for this folder (but can't create it) which will in a future Vox release be created on install ... & which the FDM would find & subsequently install its airac.

Create the folder oneself & see if the FDM finds it ...... that folder is what a Navigraph manual install looks for (& can create).

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

20 minutes ago, Polymerman said:

Navigraph is trying to detect it

Rich

yes, but i'm guessing (not being an FDM user) not if it doesn't exist for it to find.

as best i know it, installing any new addon which uses an airac includes installing a folder with an "old" airac for one / FDM to find and update.

Vox's future install wil do this I'm sure.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

3 hours ago, vadriver said:

Rich

yes, but i'm guessing (not being an FDM user) not if it doesn't exist for it to find.

Scratch that ....... tried FDM with no joy.

Still prefer manual navigraph, so easy to store my tweaks locally & carry forward if appropriate.

Good luck on your quest 😉

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin