Sign in to follow this  
mikebxb

CHT and EGT gauges not realistic

Using FSX.

I fly the light Twins and single props. Lately I've been honing in on the accuracy of the Cylinder head and EGT temps. I've noticed the temps actually increase at lean of peak in cruise. ?? This is contrary to real world behavior. 

Plenes tested.... Care/Ala-Nado - 340, 310, F33, V35, Baron 58 

Is this an FSX shortcoming? I should just accept? I have used both factory and switched a few gauges i.e the Baron 58 EGT/CHT gauge in the 310.

Your thoughts and observations welcome..

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

Carenado and their sister company, Alabeo, is well known for fantastic 3D modeling and incredible texture work.  They are also well known for poor systems modeling and sometimes questionable flight models.  Don't expect them to address any further issues after one or two patches.  I am afraid you may just have to live with systems modeling that is straight out of the FSX default systems modeling.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I wonder if it would fit and be profitable to Carenado's business model to continue putting out these great 3D modeled and textured planes, and then sell the base planes or partner with another company to improve the systems modeling and offer these more "fuller" planes at a higher price? 

Sort of giving us a choice of a lite, full, or both models? Best of both worlds.

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

15 hours ago, SlowFlyer said:

I wonder if it would fit and be profitable to Carenado's business model to continue putting out these great 3D modeled and textured planes, and then sell the base planes or partner with another company to improve the systems modeling and offer these more "fuller" planes at a higher price? 

Sort of giving us a choice of a lite, full, or both models? Best of both worlds.

That is not their business model. 

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.