Sign in to follow this  
vadave

Honeycomb Bravo on Linux?

Has anyone gotten their Honeycomb Bravo working on X-Plane on Linux? I'm upgrading from the Logitech throttle and eagerly ordered the Honeycomb, thinking that it would "just work" like my Honeycomb Alpha. Not finding a Linux download on their site (but also finding mention that they'd had anecdotal reports of enterprising individuals getting it to work anyways), I grabbed the Mac download, extracted it, and moved the relevant files to the "joystick config" and "plugins" folders.  Unfortunately, it's not populating the config screens like my yoke and pedals have (to include the images showing on the config screen).

I also tried saving a config file, copying the .joy file over top of my saved config, and then reloading defaults - but that didn't work either.

Appreciate any ideas folks have about how to get this working. While I can manually config much of it, I'd prefer to have the "full" functionality (to include AP controls that appear to only be available using the provided config from Honeycomb).

Linux X-Plane users are few and far between, especially here on Avsim (there's like less than five of us and none has a Bravo), so the chance of getting help is rather low. You may have a better chance in the Linux subforums of the Org:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/forum/317-xp11-linux/

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/forum/49-x-plane-linux/

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

USB devices should work out of the box but you need to create a UDEV rule. I think someone created a script/app to do this automatically. Search/google/ask the x-plane.org forum.

On 4/8/2021 at 3:20 AM, vadave said:

plugins" folders

is there a linux version of their plugin?

it sounds like maybe that is what you are missing.

AutoATC Developer

Thanks all for the inputs. From looking at the other forums, Honeycomb apparently has a private beta out for Linux so here's hoping that's available soon. I was hoping the MacOS version could be leveraged, but sounds like it's a bit more involved than that.

The udev rules are fine, as the device is detected and the various switches register, but those without the Honeycomb bits you lose certain functionality like the lights and AP switching.

On 4/12/2021 at 5:36 PM, vadave said:

Thanks all for the inputs. From looking at the other forums, Honeycomb apparently has a private beta out for Linux so here's hoping that's available soon. I was hoping the MacOS version could be leveraged, but sounds like it's a bit more involved than that.

The udev rules are fine, as the device is detected and the various switches register, but those without the Honeycomb bits you lose certain functionality like the lights and AP switching.

Hey send a ticket to us in the support section and we will try to help you solve the issue. It is a common misconception that the Honeycomb Bravo is plug and play, but that is not the case. 

• Like 1