Sign in to follow this  
mobeans10

Aerosoft CRJ VR Performance

I've had my reverb G2 for about a week now. I'm getting reasonable performance with the stock A320 , at least enough to prevent me returning to a 2D panel. I have just about 30-35 fps on the ground at larger airports and over large cities such as Tokyo. I have scaling at 100% in the openXR settings and render scaling at 80% in the sim and am using recommended graphics settings of mostly medium.  I personally find the cockpit quality of the A320 to be very good and was wondering the quality of the Aerosoft CRJ cockpit in comparison and whether I would be able to match the same performance figures of the A320. Currently using the Nvidia driver 457.3 as this seems to give me the best performance. In addition I have set 'use latest preview OpenXR runtime' to off and have disabled Motion Reprojection as it seems to be a significant hit on smoothness and fps for me.

I9-9900 o/c at 5ghz , RTX 2080 TI 11gb VRAM , 64gb System RAM

Edited by mobeans10
wrong driver number

Readability and clarity in the CRJ seems generally a little better than in the A320.  That said, you would do yourself a favor by reversing your settings.  Running 80 in OpenXR and 100 in the sim will give you better clarity than your current configuration.

Ok, thanks, I will try reversing the settings. Appreciate the feedback.  

6 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

Ok, thanks, I will try reversing the settings. Appreciate the feedback.  

Yes. OpenXR slider reduces the outside world clarity, whilst the sims render scale slider affects the cockpit clarity. 

• Like 1

I appreciate the information and need to reverse my sliders as well. I was not aware that these sliders would specifically affect outside/cockpit clarity in this manner.

Edited by BigG433

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

I finally purchased the Aerosoft CRJ. Although it appears smoother than the stock A320 in flight, I find the instrument display a little harder to read. The placement of the digital readout next to the knobs in the A320 make the ergonomics of entering data manageable with the mouse scroll wheel. Unfortunately with the CRJ, and this is obviously not Aerosoft's fault, the readout is on the PFD which means looking away from the knob and inevitably losing mouse focus. Also, I wasn't thrilled on having to use a different binding for the throttles and having to recalibrate the detents. Still having issues with reverse thrust.  In addition, and this is true of most digital displays, I have difficulty with magenta against a black background, and with the smaller font, I have trouble reading them in the CRJ. I'm not color blind, I just think it's a bad combination of colors.  

I'm having fun with the Fs2020 Cessna Citation, wow what a jet!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram