Sign in to follow this  
FrankSalo

FSDT live updater download being blocked

I have an issue and I registered at the forums over the weekend but my account hasn't been approved as yet. My symptoms are the same as a topic in the General section "FSDT Live Updater Disappeared from my PC".  I experienced the same however I found that bitdefender is blocking it from downloading. If I paste the updater url location in a browser, Bitdefender will show a warning and block the page. Can @umberto assist? The detected malware type is Gen: Heur.Mint.Zard.31

I tried adding a photo link but seems the forum doesn't like Microsoft Onedrive public links. 

Thanks.

While waiting for you forum account to be approved, you should always use the support email. The warning it's obviously a false positive due to a bug in your antivirus, which can be fixed by configuring it to add the whole Addon manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions.

If you need other clarifications, please use only the FSDT support email or the forum when you get access.

Hi Frank

Had the same issue which just occurred at the beginning of this month. All was ok before that.

I have also sent in a ticket to BitDefender on the same, recommend you do likewise. Even after exclusions etc, it continually flags the Updater every time you run it.

Further to what Umberto has stated on having the exclusions, to resolve your update issue in the meantime, you will also need to disable Web Protection (Web Attack Protection) on the Software. You can re-enable it after the update has completed.

The path is via the Protection Page>Online Threat Prevention>Web Protection (Toggle Web Attack Prevention). Do this only after you have done the exclusions.

Note that your Firewall may also flag it during the Update (even after Exclusions have been set) so you will need to allow it to enable updates to be completed.

BD1_02Apr2021

R1

R2

BD_Ticket

FSDT_1

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Thanks for the replies, was busy with work yesterday so I didn't get around to trying the solutions, however Bitdefender sent out some definition updates and the fsdt downloads are no longer blocked as I checked running the updater and everything went fine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

however Bitdefender sent out some definition updates and the fsdt downloads are no longer blocked as I checked running the updater and everything went fine.

Yes, we sent a False positive report yesterday to them, so it seems they acted fairly fast on it.

• Like 2