Sign in to follow this  
Joe W

Engines shutdown when sim starts

Guest TimSP

Engines shutdown by themselves. I have no failures set those settings are all blank. As soon as the sim starts (no matter what runway or what jet I have selected) the engines shutdown by themselves. I have to restart them with CTRL-E. If it is not a pre-programmed failure how do I make sure engines stay on after it loads? Is there some setting in the FSX.CFG I am missing? Thanks Tim

Any chance you saved some scenario with the engines off? If so, the sequence you're using now, might use that saved flight, as the startup proceedure. Go back to the default flight, load it, and then try other flights. Or start the engines, get everything the way you want, and save as the startup flight.L.Adamson

Guest diajohn2

Tim, Do you use a Yoke? If so the two levers to the right on the CH Yoke need to be forward to keep the engines running. I don't know why as I haven't taken the effort to look into it.

Guest TimSP

LI did previously save a scenario with the engines shut down. So you are right that is probably what caused it to start happening. I did save a new default flight with engines on. Oddly it saved the 737, the correct livery, the desired airport and the desired runway, but still saw the engines die as soon as it loaded.John - I do indeed have a CH Yoke and moved the two levers to the right and put them forward as you suggest and jet engines remain on after the sim loaded.So you were both right and got my situation corrected. Thanks for the good and rapid advice. You got me squared away. Happy landings. Tim

How much fuel do you have and what is your realism setting for unlimited fuel?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest TimSP

Hi Jeff - I do indeed have unlimited fuel selected and I'm showing about 27,000 and 7,000 lbs. respectively in the center and side tanks.

How is the oil pressure?I had a cessna to shut down 5 or 6 times and finaly decided that it was the oil pressure. Just advance the throttle a bit until the oil light goes out or the gauge is in the good.Joe W.

Hi:Can you please tell me what keys on the keyboard are used to shut down the engines?ThanksDaviddsweiner@comcast.net

Guest fsxmissionguy

Ctrl-Shift-F1 should do the trick.

>Tim, >>Do you use a Yoke? If so the two levers to the right on the>CH Yoke need to be forward to keep the engines running. I>don't know why as I haven't taken the effort to look into it.Actually, only the rightmost lever is necessary. It is assigned to the "Mixture" control by default, which is use of course only for recip engines. When flying a turbine engined a/c, it functions as a "fuel flow" control.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest JoeInCT

Chances are it is the "mixture" being set to full lean. One of your levers is set to control the "mixture", which you have in the full lean (fuel cut off) position -- therefore when you load your selected airplane, the engines turn off. Check your settings to see which lever is assigned to mixture. Note: I believe you can have more than one lever on different controllers assigned, so be sure to check them all.--Joe