Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Tell me, is this an indie or Microsoft ?

I was on an approach to land. Suddenly I got a message 

Your packages are out of  date. In order to get the necessary updates and go online, you will be returned to the signin screen. Do you wish to continue ?

I said 'no' to finish my flight. So they cut my online access and suddenly was flying over an awful offline texture !

I put the online functionality back 'on' but the message came back. After three times, I said 'yes' to be transported to a  loop with the old "press any key" screen.

I shut off the sim and restarted it. I had to revalidate my accessibility screen  but no update was downloaded. Checked twice. Same with the content manager. 

Did the trainee at the command center push the wrong button ?

EDIT my logbook and the number of hours flown (70) were reset to 0. What an amateurish team! 

EDIT 2 : all my settings have been wiped out

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Sounds most odd. Are you back flying now?

I will try in a moment. 

For the record, there are similar cases on their forums. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yup, happened to me too whilst flying the Lionheart TB-21 yesterday. I tried to find an update, since it said stuff was out of date, but there were none. It reset my streaming options and so I had to turn all those settings back on, and now my profile logbook is reset to zero as well.

It seems there's one thing Asobo really excels at, and that's @rsing stuff up. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

50 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I was on an approach to land. Suddenly I got a message 

Your packages are out of  date. In order to get the necessary updates and go online, you will be returned to the signin screen. Do you wish to continue ?

I said 'no' to finish my flight. So they cut my online access and suddenly was flying over an awful offline texture !

I put the online functionality back 'on' but the message came back. After three times, I said 'yes' to be transported to a  loop with the old "press any key" screen.

I shut off the sim and restarted it. I had to revalidate my accessibility screen  but no update was downloaded. Checked twice. Same with the content manager. 

Did the trainee at the command center push the wrong button ?

EDIT my logbook and the number of hours flown (70) were reset to 0. What an amateurish team! 

EDIT 2 : all my settings have been wiped out

There seems to be an issue with texture streaming and Steam Cloud.

Are you using the rolling cache or not?

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5

I've seen many others reporting this as well. This might have to do with the beta which started last night. Guess it was necessary to have a beta test for the beta test after all...

• Like 4

It's just more evidence of Asobo being bizarre in - from the good stuff we see they can make - having some genuinely creative people, but also clearly having some incompetent cretins too. It's obvious they need to sack a few people.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

10 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

There seems to be an issue with texture streaming and Steam Cloud.

Are you using the rolling cache or not?

off

• Upvote 1

Dominique

36 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

This might have to do with the beta which started last night. Guess it was necessary to have a beta test for the beta test after all...

I am not part of the beta. So they fiddle with the streaming servers. without knowing exactly what they do 😱.  

Dominique

Maybe we should leverage the community here to have one member each day volunteer to go complete a flight and report back, and if their MSFS time bomb didn't blow up, the rest of us can go flying with some small bit of reassurance.  

Kind of like how a crowd of Penguins will shove one of their tribe into the water to test for Orcas.

• Like 6

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!