Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Tell me, is this an indie or Microsoft ?

42 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Northern Europe Server here Dominique and just completed a flight from Southampton to Farnborough without incident in-flight or in-game.

Yes  the Western Europe server was slower than the Northern Europe one this morning. 

Just flew in Southern Italy, from Bari to LIRI (Gulf of Naples) without any problem. Just had to scrap again the muzak, the HU display in external view and rectify lots of settings (the HOTAS mapping was still here). Not a big deal but annoying as is to see my history gone for good.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I was on an approach to land. Suddenly I got a message 

Your packages are out of  date. In order to get the necessary updates and go online, you will be returned to the signin screen. Do you wish to continue ?

I said 'no' to finish my flight. So they cut my online access and suddenly was flying over an awful offline texture !

I put the online functionality back 'on' but the message came back. After three times, I said 'yes' to be transported to a  loop with the old "press any key" screen.

I shut off the sim and restarted it. I had to revalidate my accessibility screen  but no update was downloaded. Checked twice. Same with the content manager. 

Did the trainee at the command center push the wrong button ?

EDIT my logbook and the number of hours flown (70) were reset to 0. What an amateurish team! 

EDIT 2 : all my settings have been wiped out

It happened to me yesterday. My nearly 1000 flying hours also reseted  to 0 LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

So, Game of the Year then? :laugh:

No Game of the Century 10 years to get it right 😄.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I see a tsunami of sulfuric acid coming their way if they release their XboX version in such a state... The console crowd will go bersek.

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

All you guys that have lost your log book hours, you can have mine with pleasure.... the logbook is such a mess anyway. It never records takeoffs and landings properly and then, because I always prefer not to be booted out of the flight deck when shutting the engines off, I have all these extra rubbish entries for parking on the apron after engine shut down. All makes the logbook meaningless to me. 8-9 months down the line with this this sim and Asobo still have not fixed something so basic that every other sim before it managed to get right on launch day. Go figure!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

36 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Yoh! You fly a lot! 🙂

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

39 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Thats a lot of hours to lose...

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

12 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I see a tsunami of sulfuric acid coming their way if they release their XboX version in such a state... The console crowd will go bersek.

Yeah, we're used to stuff being released in a beta state (although we shouldn't be). But, I would think that console folks expect stuff to just work. I was an Alpha tester and most of us were shocked when we were told the release date as we knew that the sim simply wasn't ready to go.

• Like 3

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Just now, Maxis said:

Thats a lot of hours to lose...

I know it kind of sucks but I don't care frankly. I have never counted my hours in any sim only IRL 🙂 I have 30+ simming experience so I probably have a lot! LOL

Things like this is why this title is so frustrating in it's current state.  Even though I haven't seen this error, I cannot seem to get past the twitchy controls issue (for another thread).  Anywho, they have our money and here we sit.  Maybe they will listen to the Beta testers and will resolve some of these issues before they release the updates to the masses - that would be a step in the right direction I think.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

4 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Yoh! You fly a lot! 🙂

Naah...:) But you can imagine my next level will be tough LOL

unknown.png?width=2217&height=1247

• Like 1

I didn't know there was a logbook in game? Where can I find it? and does it serve any actual purposes (aside from aggregating your time, can you unlock cool stuff for example?)

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

So, Game of the Year then?

The logbook entries and the settings are flying away on the back of Pegasus 🤪

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

45 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I know it kind of sucks but I don't care frankly. I have never counted my hours in any sim only IRL 🙂 I have 30+ simming experience so I probably have a lot! LOL

Losing the stats is not a big worry for me either and anyway the logbook  is a mess but it goes a little bit beyond that if I may :

- when the sim wrongly thinks that the "packages" (plural !) are not updated it decides to cut the online access for an ongoing session working perfectly

- and then resets the preferences in the Genera and Assistance tabs.

One bug built on another. 

@ChaoticBeauty pointed out it comes with the start of their infamous beta. Somebody messed with the servers ?  Don't they have overseers, double checks, etc. ?

EDIT actually three bugs, I forgot the "press any key" loop back from the dead

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 3

Dominique