Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Tell me, is this an indie or Microsoft ?

Just now, Dominique_K said:

Losing the stats is not a big worry for me either and anyway the logbook  is a mess but it goes a little bit beyond that if I may :

- when the sim wrongly thinks that the "packages" (plural !) are not updated it decides to cut the online access for an ongoing session working perfectly

- and then resets the preferences in the Genera and Assistance tabs.

I agree with you. It should be brought to Asobo attention

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

I agree with you. It should be brought to Asobo attention

I posted a copy of my post here on their forums. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Seems like ET has to call home or else. As the old saying goes, "Guilty until proven innocent".

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

8 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I was on an approach to land. Suddenly I got a message 

Your packages are out of  date. In order to get the necessary updates and go online, you will be returned to the signin screen. Do you wish to continue ?

Hello,

I got this message yesterday and at the same time my "Marketplace" was ghosted out in grey. I exited MSFS and started it again from Microsoft Market and that seemed to solve both issues, I have lost no logs. Today however, Marketplace started OK I then got the "out of date message" and Marketplace has became ghosted again.

Something odd is happening for sure.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

8 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I was on an approach to land. Suddenly I got a

- Bad bad things happen on this simulator while approaching to landing

🧙‍♂️

Got this a few moments ago, when strarting on the runway. Little like a coit.... inter......

Restart needed.

Now it works

• Upvote 1

Stephan from Germany

My System

This has been happening for over 24 hour now:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/playtime-gone-missing/388213/35

No flying for me, I don't want all my stuff to be reset.

If there is an example of "how not to run a modern software development project" it is this simulator. 

• Like 5

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I have no idea as to what you people are experiencing, I have accumulated a little over 83hr in only H135 and have not experienced any problems. No CTD nothing! I think a lot of people might be trying to tweak this thing like we did with FSX, and this could be causing problems when they do an update? JMPO, this and a 5er might get you a cup of coffee or tea. 🙃

2 hours ago, sal9000 said:

Got this a few moments ago, when strarting on the runway. Little like a coit.... inter......

Restart needed.

Now it works

Did you have to take the Blue Pill and wait 45 minutes? 😎

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

Ok, work kept me out of trouble today: I didn't run Crash Simulator at all. I guess I'll switch to PSX until you penguins ... err... you guys say it has been solved.

Cheers

A.

34 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Did you have to take the Blue Pill and wait 45 minutes?

After that, it goes like in Space Odyssey

I honestly think you ought to calm down; take a stress pill and think things over.🤬

Stephan from Germany

My System

Had this happen to me this morning (I lost my internet connection due to some upgrades being performed in the area).  When it came back, I had to relogin and then got caught in an endless loop of 'press start to continue'.  Had to end up hard shutting down and upon restart, everything worked just fine.  No lost log file, no lost settings, etc.  Phew!

6 minutes ago, sal9000 said:

After that, it goes like in Space Odyssey

I honestly think you ought to calm down; take a stress pill and think things over.🤬

I wouldn't know myself - I'm only guessing, seems to have got you up on your hind legs though; (and that's my cue for a rapid Exit big guy)

Freaking Assobo. They remind me of a bunch of script kiddies sometimes.

It happen to me now also, all online services like live weather and traffic are greyed out, but i'm still connected to the server, (West Europe)

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |