Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Tell me, is this an indie or Microsoft ?

had it yesterday also, had a disconnect (saw it on my cable modem it did a update and had a reset then)...  i did not say yes for going to the sign in screen, clicked on no, restarted it after internet was ok again, my log is still here together with my settings. Perhaps a ugly bug after a disconnect and saying yes to go back to the sign in screen.

Edited by bumpywindshear

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

someone here who lost his settings or log while not clicking on yes for the sign in screen ? ...also maybe it`s deleting things later while logging in, who knows.

Edited by bumpywindshear

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

There is three updates in the content manager, after that I update those everything seems back to normal again.

I never clicked yes on the sign screen and my logs are good, the only thing that was restored was online mode for me.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

10 hours ago, jpc55 said:

I have no idea as to what you people are experiencing, I have accumulated a little over 83hr in only H135 and have not experienced any problems. No CTD nothing! I think a lot of people might be trying to tweak this thing like we did with FSX, and this could be causing problems when they do an update? JMPO, this and a 5er might get you a cup of coffee or tea. 🙃

It is pretty clear in this thread and other threads here and other forums. The server sends a message about packages being out of date, cuts the connection, and when you go back to update to a non-existing update, resets the stats and preferences.

It has nothing to do with tweaks à la FSX  (none on my side).

The CDT is another matter altogether. I have had none myself (one actually, self inflicted).

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Definitely not modern day Microsoft. When it comes to their products, I use the following: Windows 10 (and all built-in apps) and the online Office products (such as OneDrive and Word), and none of them behaves the way MSFS 2020 does. Win 98 was very bad ("this program has performed an illegal operation and will shut down" every few hours), but starting from Windows 2000 things started to look and work better, and even Vista ran excellent on my then rig back in 2009. Been using Win 10 since 2016 and have absolutely no issue. 

Definitely not indie. I can refer to the thousands of indie products, games and what not out there that works exactly as advertised on the tin. To be fair, parts of MSFS 2020 works as advertised, and some important parts of it do not.

Right now I'm seriously regretting my decision to pre-purchase MSFS 2020, and I'm no longer buying addons for it and recommending it to friends and family. Hopefully some day Microsoft and their partners will add some significant improvements and features and fix the existing bugs so that I change my views (fingers crossed). Until that happens, I'd consider my investment of £350 as a lost bet, a write-off. I've learnt one very valuable lesson from this whole saga though (and thank you Microsoft for teaching me this), and that is: never ever believe Microsoft's advertisements. Never! Not again!

Edited by EvidencePlz
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EvidencePlz said:

Definitely not indie. I can refer to the thousands of indie products, games and what not out there that works exactly as advertised on the tin. T 

I agree with that, my topic title was rather silly.

I have played these recent months to two indie games, no significant bug, constant upgrading bringing real value.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

The message I got was that I needed to have the US language pack installed (I have) after which it started to reinstall the whole sim on a different drive. I stopped it and after lots of attempts it got passed the checking for updates screen and loaded up in offline mode. Graphics setting were back to default. I did read that there were problems with Azure but I've no idea if this was the cause.

@ChaoticBeauty Did you see this post of a support mod   ? Incredible. And the guy is wrong. The message appeared in my case online and switched the sim offline. Nothing on lost data.

"Packages out of date" grrrrrr - Bugs & Issues / Online Services & Activities - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Thank you for your reports.
The pop-up “Warning: Your packages are out of date.” appears in order to prepare MSFS for the release of the upcoming World Update IV. This message may appear when you switch from offline to online mode.

To get rid of this pop-up, click Yes. The sim will restart by itself.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

@ChaoticBeauty Did you see this post of a support mod   ? Incredible. And the guy is wrong. The message appeared in my case online and switched the sim offline. Nothing on lost data.

"Packages out of date" grrrrrr - Bugs & Issues / Online Services & Activities - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Thank you for your reports.
The pop-up “Warning: Your packages are out of date.” appears in order to prepare MSFS for the release of the upcoming World Update IV. This message may appear when you switch from offline to online mode.

To get rid of this pop-up, click Yes. The sim will restart by itself.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

You couldn't make it up if you tried.

15 hours ago, jpc55 said:

I have no idea as to what you people are experiencing, I have accumulated a little over 83hr in only H135 and have not experienced any problems. No CTD nothing! I think a lot of people might be trying to tweak this thing like we did with FSX, and this could be causing problems when they do an update? JMPO, this and a 5er might get you a cup of coffee or tea. 🙃

Exactly what a lot of them are doing then they get mad when we say we are not having any problems lol

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Did you see this post of a support mod   ? Incredible. And the guy is wrong. The message appeared in my case online and switched the sim offline. Nothing on lost data.

Thanks for pointing me to it, looks like this was a side effect of the beta indeed. Also I think that the updated packages in the content manager for KDFW, KSWF and the Alaska bush trip were probably not meant to be pushed to live either, but I cannot talk more about that.

Can't say I am surprised that the support staff are mistaken again, when inquiring about the flickering clouds some of the responses we got were... questionable at best, which included weather being regarded as a graphics setting, usage of an extremely notorious and biased website to compare performance of some GPUs (which had nothing to do with the issue), as well as robotic responses as soon as they were proven wrong. I hope the resetting stats will be fixed for anyone affected, but good luck reaching a solution with Asobo's support agents. Probably the best thing you can do is keep making noise until the community managers look into it.

EDIT: Just checked and Jayne had already looked into it yesterday. Hopefully she will have something to say about it later when Seattle wakes up.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty

2 hours ago, EvidencePlz said:

Right now I'm seriously regretting my decision to pre-purchase MSFS 2020, and I'm no longer buying addons for it and recommending it to friends and family. Hopefully some day Microsoft and their partners will add some significant improvements and features and fix the existing bugs so that I change my views (fingers crossed). If that doesn't happen, then I'd consider my investment of £350 as a lost bet, a write-off. I've learnt one very valuable lesson from this whole saga though (and thank you Microsoft for teaching me this), and that is: never ever believe Microsoft's advertisements. Never! Not again!

OK so I lost nearly 1000 hours and one my flight! Yes it's bad, but regretting purchasing MSFS? Really? Do you stop posting on forum after one script error? Or using refrigerator after one broke and defrosted? Bugs will be always in any software that lesson you should have learnt!

I work with both Mac and Windows OS and both have really bad days! So impulsivity is not a good thing in gaming as well as in aviation!

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I must be getting old and to long in the tooth...

What on earth is an 'Indie' ?

Dave

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davenicoll said:

I must be getting old and to long in the tooth...

Dave

A small independent software house

Dominique

1 minute ago, davenicoll said:

music, video documentaries, software or hardware product etc that are developed independently and without backing from big-name corporations. Papers Please is an example.