Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Tell me, is this an indie or Microsoft ?

44 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Happened to me right now too. FL370 in A32NX. Clicked No.... my Package is just fine without Asobo fiddling, thank you very much!

But when you select NO, do your settings get automatically changed to offline like me? This evening I have given up attempting to fly as I keep getting knocked offline each time this "interesting" invitation to update pops up.

Edited by Espana Pete

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

8 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Thank you for your reports.
The pop-up “Warning: Your packages are out of date.” appears in order to prepare MSFS for the release of the upcoming World Update IV. This message may appear when you switch from offline to online mode.

To get rid of this pop-up, click Yes. The sim will restart by itself.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I read in this that everybody will get affected. Asobo will after all have to prepare EVERY PC for the next update. So, to those not yet affected, may as well start up your sims and wait for the inevitable....... good luck.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Just now, Espana Pete said:

But when you select NO, do your settings get automatically changed to offline like me? This evening I given up attempting to fly as I keep getting knocked offline each time this "interesting" invitation to update pops up.

Yes, I am still in the flight. The ground looks terrible and the weather has gone. The message has not come up again. After I land (assuming there will be an airport to land at), I will restart the sim and assess the damage. If my logbook is gone, so be it. 

And before I started this flight I did update those three items in the Content Manager, which we now know was yet another Asobo blunder, we were not supposed to get those updates as per @ChaoticBeauty

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

4 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Ok. On a slightly more practical level - what's my best course of action for avoiding the zero-hours log and other resets?

There is a guy over there who said that the sim saves all the stats and whatnots during an orderly shut down therefore when the shutdown is messy, data are lost. Might be true. Mine was messy as I fell into the "press any key" loop. 

After restarting your computer, I don't see anything you can or cannot do. Damage has been done... or not. 

Its like the cat. Superposition of states before observing. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Here's my observations...

I was in the middle of a flight when I got the pop-up. I answered "No". This turned online data settings "Off". But I could continue the flight. Which I did, all the way to parking. Scenery didn't look too good, but that was to be expected with online data turned off. I did try to turn it back on during the flight, but just got the prompt again, to which I again answered "No" and which again turned off online data.

After aircraft shutdown, I got the usual screen with the log entry at the top. Selected back to main menu. Marketplace was greyed out. Tried going to options and turning online data back on. Got the prompt again. Said "No" again. Went to my Profile. All info still there, the log, achievements, etc. Went to Content Manager. Saw the three items with updates available. Selected them for download. Started the download. Nothing happening. Just sits there.

Returned to the main menu and quit to desktop.

Restarted MSFS. Got to the main menu and Marketplace was no longer greyed out, it was available. Checked Options, Data and online data is all turned on again. Went to Content Manager, selected the three items with update for download, started the download and they all downloaded and installed.

Checked my Profile and all is good.

When for a quick flight in the A320NX and all is good.

And that's about all I can say about it. Hope your experience is as good or better than mine.

...jim

Edited by JimBrown
Typo

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

5 minutes ago, JimBrown said:

Here's my observations...

...jim

You were smarter than me, I said yes after trying three time to get back online and that was the start of all my misery 😃

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Okay. well, the sim did it's stuff based on the accidental "YES" and now it looks like it did when I very first installed it last August.

However, Community Folder items are working - "No_Cockpit_Tool_Tips", etc.

But my hours are gone and the whole of my settings have been reset.

Looks like Asobo dropped the ball big time on this one but I think we can only assume that they are having a far rougher time than we are with some back-end problem. 

Stone the crows - as my old Grandmother was want to say on such occasions.

At least nothing - except Log Book Hours -  is broken (he says optimistically)

2 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Okay. well, the sim did it's stuff based on the accidental "YES" and now it looks like it did when I very first installed it last August.

However, Community Folder items are working - "No_Cockpit_Tool_Tips", etc.

But my hours are gone and the whole of my settings have been reset.

Looks like Asobo dropped the ball big time on this one but I think we can only assume that they are having a far rougher time than we are with some back-end problem. 

Stone the crows - as my old Grandmother was want to say on such occasions.

At least nothing - except Log Book Hours -  is broken (he says optimistically)

Your preferences in the general and assistance tabs should also be gone. Mine were. The saved mapping of your controllers should be still here.  

Dominique

3 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Your preferences in the general and assistance tabs should also be gone. Mine were. The saved mapping of your controllers should be still here.  

Yeah, controller settings are still as they were - (they have taken me many months to perfect for various aircraft) - if they had gone I think I'd have to work jolly hard to control myself from not going directly down to Bordeaux and popping that balloon flying over that building!

• Like 4

Well at least Asobo are consistent. Plus they are actually getting consistently better at being consistent. Usually they break the sim with their updates. Now they are breaking it while preparing for updates. 

Time for a Whiskey! 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

GregH

So after I landed (having selected NO), parked then shut down the sim as normal. Restarted PC. Now in sim my logbook is still there but Marketplace is greyed out. My controller settings are OK, as are all my settings.

So that’s the way to do it. Select NO and make sure you do a controlled exit of the sim.

GregH

Is it working now, or still crippled?

I've not launched FS2020 in two days, and I'd rather avoid all the mess  .....

Tnx

Andrea

7 minutes ago, ADamiani said:

Tnx

Andrea

Apparently still bugged

Dominique

I'll share my recent weirdness with fix in case it helps someone:

Problem 1

My purchased add-ons in the marketplace all of a sudden were showing as not installed. So I clicked to download my add-ons again and it went through the process of downloading and installing, however after the downloads completed, it showed as if nothing happened, still showing them as needing to be installed.

After a couple hours of deleting the add-ons manually and reinstalling through marketplace, logging out and logging back in, nothing seemed to fix the issue. I could see the items were physically installed but marketplace didn't show them as installed and the items (some planes, some scenery) were not available to me in game.

Solution

At some point a couple hours in to this frustrating issue and with the thought of having to reinstall the whole thing lingering in my thoughts, I noticed that the time on my pc was off by 1 hour. Daylight savings had accured a few weeks back but for some reason the pc did not update the time. Going into the time settings in windows all my settings were correct, time zone, daylight savings, auto sync, all properly set, but it was still wrong. So I hit the Sync Now button and my pc immediately corrected itself. With that I restarted my pc for good measure and logged back on to msfs, problem solved! My add-ons were now showing as installed.

Problem 2

After fixing the first issue I started up a new flight, and noticed that the LOD distance was terrible things just didn't look great. I could see imagery coming into focus nearby as I flew along, very distracting. 

Solution

Well this turned out to be a very straight forward fix of simply double checking my graphics settings. Everything had changed to medium/low. Why? I don't know, i can only assume it had something to do with the previouse windows time settings issue and fix. Anyway I put the setting back to High which is how I've had them since day 1 and all was good again.

Conclusion

I don't know why my pc time didn't update for daylight savings. But in my case that caused problems, it was an easy fix, but getting it figured out was frustrating. Maybe this will help someone.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ADamiani said:

Tnx

Andrea

I did the test flight on the day of the last patch release.. After the pause fest at KORD while landing i havent touched the sim. Just observing till this seemingly endless fiasco is resolved.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders