Sign in to follow this  
ega

FBW A32NX - no sound

I use the experimental version of the fantastic FBW A320 (I use the installer provided by FBW to update) and since the latest stand alone version I have no aircraft sounds: engine, APU, button clicks...

I do have the A32NX installed in the community folder (my MSFS installation is outside disc C). Can someone please point me out a way to check why sounds are missing in all FBW liveries?

Thanks 

Edmundo Azevedo

The experimental version is exactly what it says ... and very much "work in progress". I find it better to use the "Dev" version. It's also a bit of a moving target, but gets a lot more attention.

That said - I've found that even in the Dev version (post-fork), the last couple if updates seem to have introduced pauses in sound effect playback when one or more fire simultaneously. I've not had this before, so I suspect there's a lot going on "under the hood" with sound at the moment.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I compared the files installed by the FBW installer with those of the downloaded version.  The former at SimObjects\FlyByWire_A320_NEO\   the sound folder is missing!

Will test instead the downloaded  version to check if it clears this issue!

Edited by ega

Edmundo Azevedo

There was a problem with the installer! With the download version, sound is back!   

• Like 1

Edmundo Azevedo