Sign in to follow this  
109Sqn

"Your Packages are out of Date" - about to lose my Logbook?

I just lost all my hours, thanks asobo

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

me too not really bothered dont use there logbook

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

51 minutes ago, Brandon01110 said:

I just lost all my hours, thanks asobo

I lost all my Hours when I deleted FSX/ P3D from my PC.

About 6000 or so.

But am I bothered?

• Upvote 2

On 4/10/2021 at 5:46 PM, Bobsk8 said:

I posted this on another thread. 

OK, I think I fixed it. 

1 Go into data and turn it on in MSFS

2. hit save. When you do that the message will pop up  Packages out of date do you want to continue, hit Yes. 

3  Then you will get a screen that says HHit any key to continue. Do not do that, just close MSFS with the X in the upper right corner. 

4 Restart PC, don't shut down and startup, hit Restart in Windows

5. Start MSFS. You will se the checking for updates spinning circle again, everything loads at normal speed, and market is not grayed out anymore. 

6. Go to data, and you will see everything is turned on as normal. 

Question:

How long are your average flight sessions? Cause the problem seems to be extremely random, and may pop out (again I mean) even after 2hrs of flight (my case, last session).

Cheers,

Edited by ffantasy67

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

When asobo will fix this word not allowed????

Is the third time i can't finish a fly because this message appears .  what i have to update to finish with this nightmare?

Edited by motishow

8 minutes ago, ffantasy67 said:

Question:

How long are your average flight sessions? Cause the problem seems to be extremely random, and may pop out (again I mean) even after 2hrs of flight (my case, last session).

Cheers,

My flights are all around 1 hour, and I have taken about 7 since this problem developed. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, ffantasy67 said:

Question:

Cheers,

It's not a FIX - it was posted over on the official flight simulator forums by FearlessTiara - but people have been trying all sorts of stuff.

It's too (your) rig dependant to be a magic bullet and too random.

As usual, we have to wait for bloody Asobo to get on it.

1 minute ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

It's not a FIX - it was posted over on the official flight simulator forums by FearlessTiara - but people have been trying all sorts of stuff.

I wouldn't hold your breath until that happens. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 minutes ago, motishow said:

When asobo will fix this word not allowed????

Is the third time i can't finish a fly because this message appears .  what i have to update to finish with this nightmare?

Just hit no, you can finish your flight.

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

Just hit no, you can finish your flight.

i know but if i hit no the photogrametry is lost 

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I wouldn't hold your breath until that happens. 

Oh I'm not. Don't worry.

I'm taking a rather pragmatic view of MSFS 2020. Nothing purchased from Market Place, no investment as such - I'd have spec'd up my Rig anyway to get good frames in the other sims.

And, essentially, I'm not expecting this to be any good for at least another six months and certainly not have any degree of reliability.

It's all a bit of a laugh at the moment and not to be taken too seriously.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Oh I'm not. Don't worry.

I'm taking a rather pragmatic view of MSFS 2020. Nothing purchased from Market Place, no investment as such - I'd have spec'd up my Rig anyway to get good frames in the other sims.

And, essentially, I'm not expecting this to be any good for at least another six months and certainly not have any degree of reliability.

It's all a bit of a laugh at the moment and not to be taken too seriously.

I am having to take the same approach unfortunately.  I will see what happens after the Thursday update, but I just can't take the whole thing too seriously any more.  After all, it is only a game! :biggrin:  {Loud footsteps of Bobcat running for cover!...}

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

10 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Oh wow this stuff is still going on ? Kinda glad and somewhat sad i decided to pick up something else to do instead of simming for a bit since they didnt completely fix the poor performance  since WU3 and SU3. I gotta say hats off to the people who are tolerating this type of experience lol.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

7 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Oh wow this stuff is still going on ?

This specific issue has never happened before.

7 minutes ago, Maxis said:

since they didnt completely fix the poor performance 

Maybe it's your computer not the sim.

The last hotfix also improved performance (for me) Photogrammetry areas get a lot better FPS now at least.

16 minutes ago, motishow said:

i know but if i hit no the photogrametry is lost 

And? Do you really need that to finish the flight?

Edited by Tuskin38