Sign in to follow this  
109Sqn

"Your Packages are out of Date" - about to lose my Logbook?

4 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I am having to take the same approach unfortunately.  I will see what happens after the Thursday update, but I just can't take the whole thing too seriously any more.  After all, it is only a game! :biggrin:  {Loud footsteps of Bobcat running for cover!...}

I have the same approach too. By the way .. Is the update not tomorrow [Tuesday] ?.

• Like 1

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

I have decided that if I go on a flight , and I can complete it, that's fine. If it CTDs, or freezes, or the FPS go into the dumpster, I will just shut it down and either do the flight over or do something else. MSFS 2020 isn't finished, it is a Beta program at this point, and we are the beta testers. The only problem is when I have beta tested other sim products, I could always report my problems back to the programmers, and they would work on fixing the problem, and release an update within a short time. This is not how Asobo works, they fix things which they think are important, in the time that they feel is compatible with their objectives. This issue about Packages out of date has gone on for days, and apparently people are still having problems. 

So as they old saying goes, " What you see, is what you get"......

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I thought it was tomorrow. Usually is a Tuesday; Terrible Tuesday!

My guess is this next update will be a doozy....Fasten your seatbelts. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I thought it was tomorrow. Usually is a Tuesday; Terrible Tuesday!

Not getting out of bed tomorrow .. Study will be locked tonight ... Only check the forums on Wednesday or so ..

Edited by SAPilot
completed post
  • Like 1

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

1 hour ago, SAPilot said:

Not getting out of bed tomorrow .. Study will be locked tonight ... Only check the forums on Wednesday or so ..

Bet you do. 😁

You're just like the rest of us - glutton for punishment. 

We'll all bare our backs to the cruel lash of Asobo's whip Update tomorrow.

And then, when the Nuns of Mercy have swabbed our wounds, and we've gazed up at the virtual heavens and the virtual clouds and wished we were just touching the AOA speeds in our chosen airframe to do an Overhead Break and yet we're not, because the sim is broken again, then? what then? you ask?

Then, we will come here to talk about it.

Meanwhile, life goes on. . .

caravan.jpg

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

I got the message for the first time today right after starting up the sim and sitting at the main menu. I clicked yes and let the sim sit there, after a few minutes it went to the PRESS ANY KEY screen, as I did when prompted. I got back to the main menu and my logbook was still there. Only thing I found that happened was it cleared all my nonessential options back to default. What I mean by that were my key bindings and graphics settings were saved, but all the sound options, user options, vehicle density options all reset to default. So not entirely a big deal, took about 5 minutes to reset all that stuff. At least the important things were saved. So far I'm two hours into a flight and been going okay.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

1 hour ago, SAPilot said:

I have the same approach too. By the way .. Is the update not tomorrow [Tuesday] ?.

You may be right @SAPilot.  I might be getting confused with the last one when they gave a date between the Tuesday and the Thursday.  It's the trauma and bad memories of it all distorting my memory.  PTUD - Post-Traumatic Update Disorder! :biggrin:

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

45 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

I got the message for the first time today right after starting up the sim and sitting at the main menu. I clicked yes and let the sim sit there, after a few minutes it went to the PRESS ANY KEY screen, as I did when prompted. I got back to the main menu and my logbook was still there. Only thing I found that happened was it cleared all my nonessential options back to default. What I mean by that were my key bindings and graphics settings were saved, but all the sound options, user options, vehicle density options all reset to default. So not entirely a big deal, took about 5 minutes to reset all that stuff. At least the important things were saved. So far I'm two hours into a flight and been going okay.

Yup, that is what happens when you don't follow the procedure I posted and press "hit any key". Your lucky you didn't lose your logbook too. 

Oh for Christ's sake Bob - give it a rest - stop regurgitating that NON-FIX from the Official Flight Simulator Forums.

We're all bracing ourselves here for the Update tomorrow - we don't need extra Sphincter Shakers to needlessly add in to the mix.

It's going to be a Horror Show anyhow without you adding random stuff in to it - that doesn't actually work.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

Hey!  I missed the latest official response from Asobo on this in the really long thread over at the official forum.  It was a few hours ago though.  Response number 613....

8647_2.png
  Taleboules2146       Community Support         12h
We’re sorry to hear that you’re having trouble issues with the logbook.
We are currently investigating this issue.

So, I am glad they are on to it so quickly.

Meanwhile, in other news on the Asobo Facebook page, Selmar has won the internal Asobo chess championship after they played a tournament of more than 30 games.  Well done Selmar!  👍

Sorry if I am repeating old news here - I am just making sure we have preserved this information somewhere in case it gets wiped-out, like things accidentally do sometimes.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Oh for Christ's sake Bob - give it a rest - stop regurgitating that NON-FIX from the Official Flight Simulator Forums.

We're all bracing ourselves here for the Update tomorrow - we don't need extra Sphincter Shakers to needlessly add in to the mix.

It's going to be a Horror Show anyhow without you adding random stuff in to it - that doesn't actually work.

Excuse me, I posted what I did long before the "Official said anything , which stopped the message from popping up.   " On the Official Forum I had to post it 3 separate times, because people only read what they post not anything else. and a day later some were still running into the same problem. . Now have a beer and relax/ 

Edited by Bobsk8

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

This specific issue has never happened before.

Maybe it's your computer not the sim.

The last hotfix also improved performance (for me) Photogrammetry areas get a lot better FPS now at least.

And? Do you really need that to finish the flight?

1. This latest fiasco has been going on for around a week now that's my point.

2. My computer is very much fine thank you. Ask next time before assuming. Also pay attention and know the difference what is reported as partially fixed and fully fixed.

This stupid assumption that its the users fault there is an issue has got to end. You don't know peoples backgrounds so please quit assuming that some of us around here don't know how to build and properly maintain their PC's

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Hey!  I missed the latest official response from Asobo on this in the really long thread over at the official forum.  It was a few hours ago though.  Response number 613....

8647_2.png
  Taleboules2146       Community Support         12h
We’re sorry to hear that you’re having trouble issues with the logbook.
We are currently investigating this issue.

So, I am glad they are on to it so quickly.

Meanwhile, in other news on the Asobo Facebook page, Selmar has won the internal Asobo chess championship after they played a tournament of more than 30 games.  Well done Selmar!  👍

Sorry if I am repeating old news here - I am just making sure we have preserved this information somewhere in case it gets wiped-out, like things accidentally do sometimes.

This is what will happen:

The community will keep asking about this problem, which has existed since around last Thursday.

The MSFS forum community managers will say "the team is looking into it".

There will be no response from the team.

The update will come out on Tuesday and the error message will stop.

The MSFS forum moderators will close/lock the topic as "solved".

There will never be any way to recover the lost log book data.

If we upvote a QA topic on how this can be addressed/avoided in the future to avoid people loosing progress, the question will be totally ignored by Jorg et al.

This will happen again at another world update, just like it happened back in February and was never replied to/addressed.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals