Sign in to follow this  
raymar

GTN 750 fans check this out - coming soon to MSFS

Great news, JF Arrow gets better and better 👍

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Still BETA and in developement - but it is worth to try it out.

Using it for the C172 and the H135.

Way better than fiddeling around with knobs from the G1000 in flight. Well done.

And - it is still free. The base pack and the premium pack also. For the premium you have to register only to get the key ... 

Never used the RP GTN in X-Plane because it depends on Garmin Trainer and you therefore never had actual nav data.

Not the case with the PMS50 GTN. It uses the nav data from the sim and because I have Navigraph they are actual ....

• Like 5

Works great. So easy to input flight plans. Tried RNAV approaches got around MSFS wanting to turn you around by inputting the IAF of the procedure into the enroute portion of the flight plan. When you get close to the IAF activate the approach and it works like a champ. Also all the nearest stuff works.

Not bad for free 🙂

Stephen Aull 

• Like 1

Steve Aull

Tried this in the G36 from Hilo to Honolulu using approach entry . Was at 5000 ft all the way. I hoped to see a working VNAV approach.

Did not lock on a downward GS . I was in approach mode all the way, too. The little red diamond always sat at the bottom of the GS strip chart.

Hoped to see this work. Love the GTN750

Dave

Edited by Eclex

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

I'm already a fan of it.

Recommandation - in the base package is a GTN 750 PDF document. You'll get it also from their website. All about installation and function.

For Flight plans: You can store up to 30 different FPl for every a/c you use with the GTN, they all treated seperately.

To import FPl - follow the instructions in the PDF.

You also can get METAR, see mentioned PDF.

For the well known bug in MSFS - wild turns when activating approach: You have to activate the approach before reaching the first waypoint of your STAR resp. APP.

Best regards

@Eclex No seperate AP in the GTN. Depends all on what your AP in the a/c can do .....

And for all "freaks": On their website you will find a document with instructions how to integrate the GTN in your airplane,

Something like they have done for the H135.  

With the package they support the standard C172 / G36 / DA40 / DA62 and C208 for now.

Best regards

Just now, Eclex said:

Did not lock on a downward GS . I was in approach mode all the way, too. The little red diamond always sat at the bottom of the GS strip chart.

This appears to be a bug in the core sim.... hoping that Asobo / WT will fix this at some point.. :cool:

Bert

Yeah the glide path for RNAV approaches staying pegged at the bottom is an Asobo thing.  If you turn on the AP it often follows the correct path even if the 'pip' is wrong.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, stratone said:

With the package they support the standard C172 / G36 / DA40 / DA62 and C208 for now.

Read the manual carefully:

It also supports the modded versions of the DA40 and the DA62

...and it reads MSFS generated flightplans (a copy needs to be stored in the Premium GTN 750 folder - Path: Premium - fpl - gtn750)

But it's asking me to enter the license info every time I start up the GTN 750. What am I missing?

W1TSUtJ.png

Edited by Ricardo41