Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

MSFS Live Weather Option Not Working?

Is it just me, or is the MSFS Live Weather option not working.  I start flight with clear skies, then click on Live Weather and the drop down changes back to clear skies.  Is this something I am doing wrong.  I have always done it this way ... and it just stopped working about 3 or 4 days ago.

Check in the Options>General tab, the online functionality and the Live Weather options. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Check your online status under Data tab in menu, the recent "missing package" bug can disable online mode.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

16 minutes ago, PDX Flyer said:

Is it just me, or is the MSFS Live Weather option not working.  I start flight with clear skies, then click on Live Weather and the drop down changes back to clear skies.  Is this something I am doing wrong.  I have always done it this way ... and it just stopped working about 3 or 4 days ago.

There are different opinions... personally I have no issues with live weather, even if I start a flight with live weather already set. Never had the need to start with clear skies and set the weather from the custom panel.

I guess it's a connection issue, unfortunately it does not come with any error message. 

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

Check your online status under Data tab in menu, the recent "missing package" bug can disable online mode.

That was it Ixoye ... thanks so much for the help.  Darn those bugs.  When it is bad, this sim can be so so bad.  But when it is good, it is a sight to behold.  Good Day and Happy Flying.

• Like 2

So I have just had this clear skies problem and also the update your packages problem for the very first time and then shortly afterwards a CTD......so what the bloodyhell is going on here then.....kin roll on! Like you say...great when its working but a pain in the bloody word not allowed when its not hey....just restarting the sim now

Regards

Paul EGCC

now its updating...release notes 1.14.60.......bloody bonkers this simulator.....

Regards

Paul EGCC

There’s something odd going on with their servers right now. Don’t blame your PC or start fiddling with settings

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I am flying with live weather right now in the Atlanta area, what I see out my window is exactly what I see in the sim. I did read this morning on the MSFS forum that they were having server problems last night in Europe. MSFS servers seem to be a major weak link in this system. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS