2 minutes ago, dragonflightdesign said:

Fixed two days ago. I was hoping nobody would find it this early... 😬😳

I've found 30 minutes ago(

---------------
Dmitry Amaspiour

Posted (edited)

Truth: copy/paste error. I found it when adapting the system for another aircraft. I was NOT happy...

Oh - and never apologise for finding a bug. It's not your fault; it's the developer (ME!).

Edited by dragonflightdesign

11 hours ago, dragonflightdesign said:

It's not your fault; it's the developer (ME!).

Who makes no mistakes makes nothing

---------------
Dmitry Amaspiour

2 new bugs))

1) Prop pitch limit lights don't work in VC (Captain's panel)

2) Mixture lever locking bar (FE panel) can be engaged from VC but cannot be disengage because it disappears after being engaged

---------------
Dmitry Amaspiour

new bug that i found when doing a couple of flights with the gyro pilot and the tooltip for the rudder adjustment seems to not line up with what the heading compass reads or the autopilot help heading reads here is a pic which shows the tooltip not lining up https://prnt.sc/11ae1e5 and this could be loading problems or a sync problem idk but after 4 flights it seems to be the same problem 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@lightwriter: You won't see the prop pitch limit light unless you are going downhill at high speed. They don't trigger until 2300rpm. If you slam the throttles forward from idle, then back to zero, then fully forward again they will flicker briefly, both in the 2D and VC.

prop_rpm_lights.png

Mixture bar: I can't fix that because I can't reproduce it but I know it happens because you are not the only one to report it. I'll keep looking. Use the 2D to make it appear again.

@ghostminer3: Gyropilot heading: that's an error in the mdl (not the modeldef). I know about it and the short-term fix will be to take out the heading on the tooltip. Fortunately I think the DG is clear enough to read so that a tooltip is not really needed. It should be correctable in the modeldef but my modeldef-fu skills are lousy. I think I might know someone who can do it, so it will be fixed for the -A version.

Hello Dai

New version downloaded and installed. (As admin, anti virus turned off)

I have noticed a few issues and recorded a video to show what I'm seeing. Here is a link to an edited version. https://youtu.be/CQilcxeKF84

Loaded in with engines running at Botwood. You will see the wheel dolly still attached, jitters on the elevator and rudder, general gyropilot instability including uncommanded depressurising of the system. . The ADF indent coming on even though the radios are turned off. After landing and everything switched off, aircraft still sailing along at great speed. with tractor out in front.

As no one else has these issues it maybe something local with me. Have a look and let me know your thoughts.

Regards

Ian

Posted (edited)

Hello Ian

I don't know whether to laugh or not 😀. 'G' (gear) should dump the trolley (although I agree it should not be there in the first place) . Engine 4 off should summon the tractor, but only if on/near land. Conversely, engine 4 start should dismiss the tractor. I can reproduce it but to do so I have to:

- go to Slew mode

- go up

- all mags off

- drop Slew mode - trolley appears - adf ident starts

- mixture to full lean

- fuel off

- engines stop completely and the tractor appears.

So what happens if you try another scenario or just load the aircraft (load default, select the Ohio, move it out to sea and then load a Clipper)? Have you tried a scenario reset (ctrl + ; ) ? I can't for the life of me figure out how the mdl could have got itself so crossed up.

Gyropilot: putting in bank with no rudder will really destabilise things. You will have the rudder trying to maintain heading and the bank trying to change it. That's straight into sideslip territory. Remember; there's no cross-talk between the two. Sperry recommend using the rudder to change heading and only use minimal bank if the skid gets too much. Also, if you pitch up more than four degrees you will start to fall out of the sky because the engines don't have the power to sustain it. That will cause the elevator flutter.

In real life the A-1, A-2 and A-3 gyropilots were unstable unless treated very gently. Only from the A-4 onwards could they claim to be an autopilot.

@ghostminer3: Incorrect gyropilot directional gyro heading fixed (yep - by tooltip. I know a good XML wizard, I do).

Some good news: we're going for a hotfix later this week. Everything I've marked as fixed will be in it. Anything that comes up between now and Thursday 12.00Z and I can get fixed will also be in it.

• Like 1

Dai

A few of my earlier issues have now been resovled thanks to your previous responce, namely the tractor issue and being very gentle with the Gyropilot controls.

However I am still getting some Rudder and Elevator jitter. https://youtu.be/M0mrE2Xjx1s

I made sure I was straight and level but as you can see in the clip the rudder is moving left and right with the occasional elevator up and down. Also every now and then the Servo Engagement Lever switches itself off and the upper card in the Directional Gyro Control Unit centes on 180 degrees. Also as this happens the instrument and nav lights turn off. More testing later but thats it for now. Further Thoughts?

Ian

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Looking at your video, I would say that your "speed knobs" are too strong (that mean the numbers are too low).

I put my "speed knobs" at 3, and I have a much softer GyroPilot action,.which greatly reduce the jitter.

My 2 cents

Enjoy the B314 🙂

Gérard

Edited by gaab

Posted (edited)

Sorry Ian - I'm concentrating on the hotfix, not ignoring you. Gerard is right. According to Sperry (again!) turning the reaction speed knobs up too high can lead to over-reacting on the part of the gyropilot and eventually full hydraulic lock. As you close on your designated heading there comes a point where the aircraft starts to hunt for the new heading - again, this is expected behaviour. Both of these are in 'Elmer Carries On' somewhere.

Also, for you: the Clipper no longer drifts when it's moored. Buoys can be put out at less than three knots and once they are out, gunning the engines will get you nowhere. Pull the buoys in and any open doors will also close (reasoning: if the buoys are coming in then you're about to start moving). Lastly, once you exceed three knots no amount of hammering the parking brakes will put them out again.

Not a bug but some questions.

Should fuel pressure be so high: ~13 lbs/sq.in at idle and more than 15 at t\o, meto and cruise?

Is there any advanced power charts for clipper's engines? E.g. dependence of HP on altitude etc.?

---------------
Dmitry Amaspiour