Posted (edited)

All of Boeing's performance charts are reproduced in part 2 of the manual. The fuel pressure comes from Boeing's Flight Operations Manual for March 1939 and confirmed in the Maintenance Manual (no date known) so yes, it's correct (or should be. I've found many reasons not to trust the FOM, some of which are in part 2 of the manual).

[Edit] Also found my other source which is the 'Installation, Operation and Maintenance of the Wright Cyclone 14 Aircraft Engine' (US Navy copy) from 1941.

Edited by dragonflightdesign

Posted (edited)

So... the sim, the Boeing FOM and the Wright-Curtis Cyclone 14 manual are all wrong as they all assume a Bendix-Stromberg carb. The Chandler-Groves carb runs at 6-7psi, not 12-15psi.

Posted (edited)

Hello,

first of all, Thank you for your effort to fix that many bugs in short time. The new version is great!

But still I experience few things, that may be bugs:

- I can't set the parking break, or - to be more precise - I can set it, but it "releases" automatically after a few second, although the Airplane is shut off and resting still in the water (no strong winds also).

[EDIT:] Seems to happen after a flight, if I just start a new scenario, before starting engines, the parking brake can be set.

- I have mixture control assigned to buttons on my joystick (Saitek X52). I can control the mixture with it fine, but the lever movement can only be seen in the 2D Panel, not in VC.

- During flight I see the directional gyro on the pilots panel "jumping" a few degrees briefly, then returning to current direction again. This happens every minute or so.

Also, the "mooring sound" loop stops after a while, so the aircraft is wobbling in the water in complete silence (unless I move switches, of course, then I hear the switch sounds). Not a big thing, but it would probably help immersion if you'd hear the aircraft wobbling in the water.

RicFishner

Edited by RicFishner

Parking brake action is fixed (see above post to IanFisher).

Mixture control is a valid point. As the mixture levers should only ever be in three positions during flight (full, cruise or lean (if an engine has failed)) I didn't attach them to an external controller demand. Under these circumstances, the fact that the 2D FE levers move can be considered a bug... Consider it a Request For Enhancement that will be implemented in the -A model.

Can't reproduce the DG problem, but will keep looking at it.

I never noticed that the water sound loop had stopped, but then I've stopped 'hearing' quite a few sounds after so long. Is this external or internal? If internal, you wouldn't hear the water because of the soundproofing.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your quick response!

I must have missed IanFisher's post and your reply regarding the parking brake, sorry.

Also, my issue with the dircetional gyro might be the same as what IanFisher reported yesterday:

"Also every now and then the Servo Engagement Lever switches itself off and the upper card in the Directional Gyro Control Unit centes on 180 degrees".

I haven't checked if the Servo Engagement lever switches off at the same time, nor if it is jumping to exactly 180 degrees. I just noticed it jumping during flight..

For the mixture: I'm fine with your explanation of how it should work. So, I'll use mouse action rather than joystick buttons 😉

Water sound is missing in external view also.

Ric Fishner

Edited by RicFishner

Ian and I are trying a flight now and I'm not having his issues but I'm seeing his issues, they come every 10mins or so, his gyropilot completely disengages and a number of switches get flipped and he has to do a mad dash around his cockpit trying to reset everything before the aircraft flies into the sea. All while I'm sitting here without that problem at all!

Posted (edited)

Hello Dai

As Peter said above and having done several hours and several flights now in the latest version I am still having one or two issues. The main one is that every 10 to 15 minutes something triggers the Gyropilot Servo to disengage. The lever returns to the off position along with the instrument and Nav light switches, the Autosym Contactor changes from Generator to Dynamotor and the Mixture locking bar disappears, The mixture leavers remain where they were. Also as all this happens the follow up card in the Gyro display centres on 180 degrees every time. I have to very quickly move the Follow up card back to match the Directional Card before the pressue rebuilds in the system otherwise it's good night as the aircraft banks away as it tries to steer to the new course. If I'm quick enough in re-energising the system the elevator holds OK but I do get a 500ft up down movement untill it settles again.

I did think it was because I set all my flight controls, throttle and rudder through FSUIPC but as an experiment I temporally deleated FSUIPC from my system, went back and reset everything through the default P3D controls but unfortunatly the results were the same. I then uninstalled the B314 once again including all the registry enteries I could find, reinstalled as Admin with Anti Virus turned off, still the same results, and this is where I am up to.

Apart from this I can report the radio's are now working for me as they should and I now understand how and when the tractor and wheels appear so thank's for that, Several small issues still remain that you proberly already know about namely, the working lights at the Navigation and Radio stations are labeled wrongly. The lights are on when the switch off and vice versa. The tool tip display as you hover over the rudder knob gives the recripical of the heading your trying to set and I think there is some kind of texture issue with the passenger signals. The wording seems to not line up with what's underneath.

I'd be up for a discord chat if you think that would help. I could share my screen and try and get to the bottom of this. Once again I join the rest of the 314 community in thanking you for the work you are doing in bringing this up to the standard I'm sure you and Stefan want to see.

Regards

Ian

Edited by IanFisher

Hi,

What you describe looks like a reset, a reinitialization of the aircraft. I am surprised of the regularity of your disconnections. I suppose that you have excluded, from the antivirus scan, the folders used by the sim including those much less obvious (program data, the numerous user/appdata....).

The model is quite large and I know other payware that have faced some random "issues" for a small number of users . The "reload aircraft" command of the sim can create strange behaviour sometimes...

I have a medium configuration, and with resonnably high graphic options in line with it's power, I don't have the issues you are describing.

Sorry to not being more helpful...

Gérard

Posted (edited)

Hi Gaab

Thanks for the suggestion re the virus excludes. I have my whole Flight Sim Drive excluded but not the files in the hidden parts of C:. I'll have a look at those and try to add them.

Ian

Edited by IanFisher

I think Gerard might just have a point: you're possibly getting a reset command coming in from somewhere. Could you PM me please Ian? I'd like to send you a logging dll.

Posted (edited)

Got it. The logging did the trick - here's the probable guilty party:-

Time=1193.533759; id=131329; event_in=SODE.ReloadAll; evdata=0

You'll need to talk to the SODE guys and find out why they're sending a ReloadAll at regular intervals and exactly what it's doing.

RicFishner: are you still getting a problem?

Posted (edited)

Hotfix. Ok.  Start from the beginning.

Comm frq: doesn't work with mouse wheel. 

Fuel pumps: neither electric nor manual don't fixed.

Fuel pumps on paused sim: don't fixed

Full reinstall: 

Comm frq: nothing

Fuel pumps: nothing

Fuel pumps on paused sim: nothing.

Think I'm an idi*t but nothing has changed(

Edited by lightwriter

---------------
Dmitry Amaspiour

4 hours ago, dragonflightdesign said:

Time=1193.533759; id=131329; event_in=SODE.ReloadAll; evdata=0

Interesting finding. Could this explain some stutters we notice when approaching some airports ?

Gérard

3 minutes ago, lightwriter said:

1 - Comm frq: doesn't work with mouse wheel.
2 - Fuel pumps: neither electric nor manual don't fixed.
3 - Fuel pumps on paused sim: don't fixed

I have downloaded the full install and this works for me, except for the manual pump.

Gérard

7 hours ago, gaab said:

I have downloaded the full install and this works for me, except for the manual pump.

Gérard

I've tried both variants. Hotfix was the first. And nothing. Then I completely uninstalled the boat (with system rebooting) and installed new version. And nothing again(((

---------------
Dmitry Amaspiour