Hi, haven't had a chance to try the hotfix yet, will do tomorrow and report on my issues. Thank you!

Dai. I sent off an email to Sode last night but 24 hours later they have not replied yet. I'll do that extra test over the weekend and let you have the file.

Ian

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I've done a first flight after installing the HF today.

Unfortunately I still have issues:

- Parking break behaves different now, once out it is holding the plane fine. 

But: The condition "less than 3 knots" seems to be tied to KIAS. As I use real weather (HF Active Sky for P3D V4), I had winds around 10 kts. My KIAS is showing 8kts, although I have the plane just sitting on the water with everything shut off. This is fine, because if I have a bit of a headwind, KIAS increases. But can't set the parking brake in that case. If I set up some custom weather in Active Sky with winds around only 1 kts, I can set the parking break and the bouys appear. If I have set the bouys and then again return to real weather with more winds, the parking breaks and bouys remain set.

- Directional Gyro: I still see it jumping to 180(?) degree from time to time during flight. I haven't noticed that something gets switched off at the same time, but the "jumping" is only for a glimpse of a second, then it returns to the current heading. Beside this occasional jumping, the movement of the directional gyro is smooth and all fine.

- The mooring sound still stops after a while. This is internal (yes I hear something there, too) and external. It appears that the mooring sound stops with the "engine cool down" sounds (that clicks from the cylinders while cooling down). Both kinda like fade out.

Ric

Edited by RicFishner

Hello Ric

- I'll check the mooring buoys. I can more-or-less guarantee that whatever the problem is, a fix will be in the -A version anyway.

- I have no idea (yet?) why the Sperry DG is twitching. I created a fully custom directional gyro class and all three directional gyros are running separate instances of that class, so it's not a class code error because otherwise all three would display the same problem.

- I didn't look at the wave sound as your observation arrived too late to go in to the hotfix. If I can fix it for the -A version, I will.

Posted (edited)

One more problem with mooring. I've a joystick button assigned to parking bakes. Clipper is moored if I press it. But.... Prepar doesn't understad it. It should show a red warning about the brakes in low left corner. And what I have? Clipper is moored, I don't know about it, I set T/O power, speed goes up, altitude goes up, but clipper stays on its place. It doesn't move forward. It's flying like a chopper.

Edited by lightwriter

---------------
Dmitry Amaspiour

Posted (edited)

I recommended turning off the parking brakes info text because they are just being used as a toggle and the info on the screen can get out of sync with what the Clipper will do. If you select PB again it will move, but it might say 'Parking Brakes On' on the screen.

Edited by dragonflightdesign

That's the sim. To hold the Clipper in a moored position I am setting FREEZE_LATITUDE_LONGITUDE but it seems that if you gun the engines, even though the Clipper remains in the same place, the speed increases, the lat-lon changes and so does the altitude. As soon as you release the mooring buoys, everything happens at once.

I'm going to log a bug report with Lockheed-Martin because that is not right.

2 hours ago, lightwriter said:

Ok. But it should not speed up and take off being moored)

What happens if you use a B314 scenario, like "B314 Horta Cold and Dark". ?

Gérard

@Dai. Is there any difference between p3d 4.5 and p3d 5? Or both of them should understand FREEZE_LATITUDE_LONGITUDE correctly?

@Gerard. I don't use scenarios. I create a new flight. Clipper always loads c&d.

---------------
Dmitry Amaspiour

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lightwriter said:

@Dai. Is there any difference between p3d 4.5 and p3d 5? Or both of them should understand FREEZE_LATITUDE_LONGITUDE correctly?

@Gerard. I don't use scenarios. I create a new flight. Clipper always loads c&d.

Make me a favor - Try "B314 Horta Cold and Dark" and check the mooring behavior...

Gérard

Edited by gaab

Gerard, i'll check it a little later when i'll be near computer)

---------------
Dmitry Amaspiour

3 hours ago, gaab said:

Make me a favor - Try "B314 Horta Cold and Dark" and check the mooring behavior...

Gérard

Done. Clipper was loaded in c&d. It is not moored. Wind 269/9 (Active sky weather).

I've moored it via Ctrl+. 

---------------
Dmitry Amaspiour

Could you check

15 hours ago, lightwriter said:

Ok. But it should not speed up and take off being moored)

1 - Moored it will stay "stuck" whatever your engine power is

2 - Modify your default scenario (the one that is automatically active when opening Prepar3D) so that PARKING BRAKE are OFF by default.

3 - do the same checks loading the B314 from this screen

🙂

Gérard

Posted (edited)

Done.

1 - Being moored it doesn't move even with T/O power

2 - I already have parking brakes always off.

3 - don't understand you((( from which screen?

Edited by lightwriter

---------------
Dmitry Amaspiour