1 hour ago, lightwriter said:

2 - I already have parking brakes always off.

3 - don't understand you((( from which screen?

I though you would have parking brakes on.  Wrong asumption - sorry.

I ask because you wrote 

But it should not speed up and take off being moored

and I had this issue when Parking Brakes are ON on default flight.

Thank for your feedback.

Gérard

Thank for your feedback.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, gaab said:

I though you would have parking brakes on.  Wrong asumption - sorry.

Brakes were off. Mooring lines and buoys were not visible, but in fact brakes were on without any warnings from p3d)

UPD: I think about load/fuel manager and plane state manager) I think we'd all be happy if Dai did it.

Edited by lightwriter

---------------
Dmitry Amaspiour

I thought about it. There's a known bug in writing to the payload stations and I didn't have the time to figure out a code workaround.

3 hours ago, lightwriter said:

Brakes were off. Mooring lines and buoys were not visible, but in fact brakes were on without any warnings from p3d)

No - this was the "Freeze On"

Gérard

23 minutes ago, gaab said:

No - this was the "Freeze On"

Gérard

May be. I've never seen it after.

---------------
Dmitry Amaspiour

On 4/17/2021 at 5:40 PM, dragonflightdesign said:

- I have no idea (yet?) why the Sperry DG is twitching. I created a fully custom directional gyro class and all three directional gyros are running separate instances of that class, so it's not a class code error because otherwise all three would display the same problem.

After some more flights I can confirm it is only the dirctional gyro on the pilots panel. The ones on Co-Pilot panel and gyropilot are not twitching.

The twitching happens quite regular during flight, like once per minute or so.

I'm still not sure if it always jumps to the same degree (as it is only for a very short time, I haven't managed to pause sim exactly at that point), but on the last flight, I had the feeling that it did jump liitle in the beginng, later during flight it jumped over more degrees (although my heading was more or less the same all the time)

Ric: after it starts twitching, can you save a scenario please? The scenario will be saved in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files\. When you have it, open the scenario's .fxml file with Notepad++ or similar and search for 'DirectionalGyro.B314'. Copy and paste the three lines of that section into here. I'm curious to see if the latitude nut has calculated an out-of-bounds figure.

IanFisher: would you be kind enough to do the same please?

Just FYI:

- LatNut1 = First Pilot

- LatNut2 = Second Pilot

- LatNut3 = Gyropilot

Dai

Infor as requested

<Section Name="DirectionalGyro.B314">
                    <Property Name="LatNut1" Value="0.7330381333"/>
                    <Property Name="LatNut2" Value="0.7679447111"/>
                    <Property Name="LatNut3" Value="0.9424776000"/>
                </Section>

They're in bounds. Each of them is the radian of a random number between 39 and 56.

Ric: can you post those three lines from the .fxml file please? I'm following up a possibility on the gyropilot problem and it will help a lot.

Ok, here is mine. I did save the scenario twice, once right after the twitching started and then after around 30 minutes in flight.

In both cases it looks like this:

<Section Name="DirectionalGyro.B314">
                    <Property Name="LatNut1" Value="0.0000000000"/>
                    <Property Name="LatNut2" Value="0.0000000000"/>
                    <Property Name="LatNut3" Value="0.0000000000"/>
                </Section>

One thing I noticed is, it seems to start with engaging the gyropliot servos (the lever on the right side of the pilot seat)

That's interesting - I've never seen it calculated as zero before. Can you copy in LatNut1 from IanFisher's screenshot (above) please into all three slots and let me know what happens?

Posted (edited)

Ignore that. It's a bug in the load routine but it doesn't affect the way the directional gyros operate. Effectively it sets them to be 'perfect' gyroscopes so there is never any drift. Have to think of another way to nail this...

Can you PM me please Ric? I'd like to run some debug checks.

Edited by dragonflightdesign

Posted (edited)

Hokey... got the twitchy directional gyro problem. The tape display variable is being output as an integer instead of a double. The result is that the tape is jerky, but it does indicate the correct direction. The update will be in the -A version.

Edited by dragonflightdesign