Sign in to follow this  
daveygurm10

A320N liveries issue

Hi,

Before I go on I have read countless posts on this 'problem' that i seem to have and everything i have tried just does not work. I'm stumped!

I've not used MSFS that much in fairness since its launch hype however i decided to install the new standalone FlybyWire A320N via the installer. This works fine, is installed in the Community folder and i can fly the plane in the FlybyWire default livery. I cannot for the life of me get any other liveries working whatsoever. 

I've read the article on converting older liveries however i'm trying to download the most up to date liveries for this build and just add it to the community folder and off i go. These liveries are all available for free https://flightsim.to/c/liveries/flybywire-a32nx/ and i'm confident they should be working for this version of the aircraft.

The BA G-TTNH is one example. The main folder 'FBW-A320-BAW' is in Community then within that you have 'Simobjects', 'layout.json' and 'manifest.json'. and further folders which all appear standard as per the folder structure.

When i go into MSFS, select the A320N, livieries, nothing shows. I have gone into the hanger and tried selecting other aircraft and then selecting livieries here but still nothing is showing.

What have i done wrong guys, i'm tearing my hair out here?

I've been simming for 20 odd years so i understand the file structure of P3D etc, but this MSFS structure is like a basic as you can get yet i'm having no joy. Other add-ons in the community folder work as i installed an addon airport.

HELP please!

Thanks

DaveyGurmSignature.png

Did you install the "Stable", "Development", or "Experimental" version from the FBW installer?

If you installed the "Stable" version, it is not yet a standalone aircraft. Only the "Development" and "Experimental" versions are standalone. The FBW specific liveries will only work with the standalone FBW versions.

The "Stable" version is slated to be a standalone aircraft with the next major FBW version update.

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

1 minute ago, JimBrown said:

Did you install the "Stable", "Development", or "Experimental" version from the FBW installer?

If you installed the "Stable" version, it is not yet a standalone aircraft. Only the "Development" and "Experimental" versions are standalone. The FBW specific liveries will only work with the standalone FBW versions.

The "Stable" version is slated to be a standalone aircraft with the next major FBW version update.

...jim

Hi Jim,

Ah right, yes i have installed the stable version. So this could be the issue! 

I'll give one of the older liveries a go and i should be fixed! I will keep my fingers crossed and give it a blast now.

Thank you 

DaveyGurmSignature.png

Thanks Jim, that was it! I was using the FBW standlaone liveries but still on the stable build, didnt relaise that was a thing.

Out of interest do you know whats in the dev build that is not in the stable, am I missing out on much?

Appreciate the support

DaveyGurmSignature.png

10 minutes ago, daveygurm10 said:

am I missing out on much?

Yes, so much. The Development is miles ahead of Stable and the Experimental is miles ahead again. I only fly the Exp. but you do need to know that being ‘experimental’ there might be a few oddities on some updates. They update Experimental sometimes more than twice a day. I suggest you give it a try.

• Like 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor