Sign in to follow this  
turnandbank

Is there a way to change the order that saved flights a...

The saved flights in FSX are always listed in order of date saved rather than alphabetically as they were in FS9. I prefer to keep them alphabetical. Does anyone know of a way to change this?ThanksMartin

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Guest cwright

Martin, as I have a fair number of flights saved and I need to access them for a variety of reasons, including software development, I find this oversight (if that's what it is) extremely annoying.The same error applies to saved missions. But, ironically, when you are about to save a flight the list of previously saved flights is listed alphabetically. If anyone knows of an option to give alphabetical sorting, we would like to know!Meanwhile, I wrote a quick Visual Basic utility that re-saves all the flight files in alphabetic order so I now have a listing in alphabetic order. That makes it much easier. If anyone would be interested I could just polish it up a bit and release it. Hopefully it would only be needed until the first patch....Best regards, Chris

Hi ChrisThanks for your reply. I thought maybe there was some setting I was missing that could change this, as it is a very annoying bug. I would be very interested in your utility for doing this, if you do release it. You can email me at moldridge@gmail.com.Regards Martin

Martin 

Guest cwright

Martin, okay, you're on! When it's ready (probably tomorrow) I'll give the link so you can download it, and anyone else who's interested.Best regards, Chris

Guest cwright

Hi Martin, you and anyone else who's interested can download it here: http://www.kline.demon.co.uk/AutoSort.zipIt's very easy to use, just enter the correct path to the flights directory and click the button. But, before using, ensure you make a backup copy of all your flight files, just in case!Best regards, Chris

:) Thanks ever so much Chris. Problem solved. I recommend this solution to anyone else who is annoyed by this bug.Martin

Martin