Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

The latest version of MSFS

I just started MSFS this morning. Quickly saw that Online Functionality was switched off. This disabled Bing World Data, Real Weather. Photogrammetry, and anything else. under Data Connection. There was no checking for updates either when MSFS is booting up. Crossing fingers nothing else will get wiped out when I start a flight. Oh, and forget about getting anything at the Marketplace, it is now closed. Now i went to load a flight , and YOUR PACKAGES ARE OUT OF DATE.  came up again. Asobo hasn't fixed squat and this has been going on for some for almost 3 days. 

Yeah I know, something must be wrong with my PC....🤓

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I just started MSFS this morning. Quickly saw that Online Functionality was switched off. This disabled Bing World Data, Real Weather. Photogrammetry, and anything else. under Data Connection. There was no checking for updates either when MSFS is booting up. Crossing fingers nothing else will get wiped out when I start a flight. Oh, and forget about getting anything at the Marketplace, it is now closed. Now i went to load a flight , and YOUR PACKAGES ARE OUT OF DATE.  came up again. Asobo hasn't fixed squat and this has been going on for some for almost 3 days. 

Yeah I know, something must be wrong with my PC....🤓

It is quite obvious you need to 'fix your PC' and you are just 'whinging' and being a 'drama queen'. 
You shouldn't use any add-ons and you probably have something in your Community folder causing all of this, even though Asobo put the community folder there precisely for this reason, you shouldn't use it!

So, there you are, you brought it all on yourself. 
Asobo are also very responsive to complaints and communicate all of the time, but on things like this, there is simply nothing to acknowledge or have any sense of urgency about - MSFS is just great.

Personally, I can't wait for the next update on Tuesday - exciting isn't it!  :biggrin:

• Like 12

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

It is quite obvious you need to 'fix your PC' and you are just 'whinging' and being a 'drama queen'. 
You shouldn't use any add-ons and you probably have something in your Community folder causing all of this, even though Asobo put the community folder there precisely for this reason, you shouldn't use it!

Asobo are also very responsive to complaints and communicate all of the time, but on things like this, there is simply nothing to acknowledge or have any sense of urgency about - MSFS is just great.

Personally, I can't wait for the next update on Tuesday - exciting isn't it!  :biggrin:

Lets see my Community folder has only the the JF Arrow and Mooney in it. I guess I will take them both up this afternoon and crash them into a mountain, with default ATC's help. That should solve this problem...

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Just started a flight from Honolulu to PHOG.  Looking at the scenery and water it looks like XP. Yuck.....Now what the hell is wrong. I look at the general menu and see that " Online Functionality" has switched itself back off again. I turned it back on and hit save, and the second I did that, the Package out of date popped up again. It will not let me turn on Online Data, period.  I think I am going to put this POS sim away until this dung heap  gets fixed. 

Edited by Bobsk8

I've been getting message since this morning too

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

19 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

It's obvious man. Is your market place closed for business too lol? Usually when that happens it has something to do with the account. Log out and log in usually fixes the problem. I did a short flight yesterday in the c172 to test out the new gtn750 and no issues, no out of date services or whatever. Oh and my market is open lol

Also if everyone is not having the problems, how is it Asobo fault? There are literally hundreds of pc combo 

Edited by devgrp

Just now, Manny said:

I've been getting message since this morning too

Yes, and if you try to turn on Online data, you can't. The scenery looks like MSFS 95, and no live weather. 

9 minutes ago, devgrp said:

It's obvious man. Is your market place closed for business too lol? Usually when that happens it has something to do with the account. Log out and log in usually fixes the problem. I did a short flight yesterday in the c172 to test out the new gtn750 and no issues, no out of date services or whatever. Oh and my market is open lol

Can you get Online Data now? And which account are you talking about, I set this up a couple of months ago and can't remember what account does what. ?

Edited by Bobsk8

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Can you get Online Data now?

I had online data last night. I'll check in about 30 minutes when I get home 

My MS Store pwd changed yesterday... I was forced to change my pwd so the MSFS stopped working. I logged out and relogged into the store and also rebooted the PC and used the new pwd to loginto Win 10 as well and everything seeemed ok but this morning I see that dreaded popup again. Restarted MSFS now....to see if it would work.

It seems to have restarted. And the live data and weather seems to be on too.

Try rebooting the PC. Nt sure why I had this message this morning. I rebooted and relogged into the store yesterday and thought I had done everything I need to do if I change the pwd.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Just started a flight from Honolulu to PHOG.  Looking at the scenery and water it looks like XP. Yuck.....Now what the hell is wrong. I look at the general menu and see that " Online Functionality" has switched itself back off again. I turned it back on and hit save, and the second I did that, the Package out of date popped up again. It will not let me turn on Online Data, period.  I think I am going to put this POS sim away until this dung heap  gets fixed. 

Bob, I just loaded the xbox ap to check for you and all I saw was an update to the ap. Nothing else.

Also, can you please stop degrading XP. It makes you sound very word not allowed.

Thank you.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Theres a whole other thread on this... I can't use the sim now because I get this message and it kicks me offline. Lots of discussion on the main forum too.

Copy and paste from the MSFS forum just now. 

Thank you for your reports. The pop-up “Warning: Your packages are out of date.” appears in order to prepare MSFS for the release of the upcoming World Update IV. This message may appear when the sim switch from offline to online mode or requires a refresh of the online functionality. To get rid of this pop-up, click Yes. The sim will restart by itself. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Edited by Bobsk8

Just loaded msfs. I have not loaded the sim in a week. So far all is ok.

UPDATE

It's back to a stuttery mess. Way to go ASOBO!

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.