Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

eyepoint

Good Morning, Can anyone tell me how to adjust the eyepoint in the cockpit view in FSX. I can manage fine in the virtual cockpit mode but nothing seems to work in the other one. Thanks

aircraft.cfg file - under {eyepoint} <= square brackets used in the file.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest kilotango

You can try to use this in the panel.cfg[VIEWS]view_forward_WINDOWS=%window_title_00%VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=2.7, 0.0, 0.0Change dir up or down. This will change view in 2d panel.

Guest Marlin Manhiem

Ahhh, mystery solved.Thanks,Marlin

Good morning allIs it possible in either fs9 or fsx to actually postion yourself in the FO's seat. Some addons have this ( ex airbus 340 pss) but is it possible in default aircraft. PeterPeter KCF-MMZToronto Ontario CanadaPMDG 747,737and 747F

I know at least some of the virtual cockpits in the default aircraft have a "right hand seat" view (I was using the Cessna 172's yesterday) - haven't looked on all the other default aircraft to see if we implemented that there, but its just a camera definition and can be added to other aircraft with a little work (there's info in the SDK about the new camera system and the camera.cfg and camera sections within the aircraft.cfg files).Timhttp://beatlesblog.spaces.live.com

>Good morning all>>>>Is it possible in either fs9 or fsx to actually postion>yourself in the FO's seat. >>Some addons have this ( ex airbus 340 pss) but is it possible>in default aircraft. >>>Peter>>>Peter K>CF-MMZ>Toronto Ontario Canada>PMDG 747,737and 747F It's very easy to do in FSX. You just need to add a camera definition to the aircraft.cfg file. I created camera definitions for the right seat, overhead panel view and quadrant/console view for my VC-equiped aircraft that I've imported from FS9 to FSx. Here's a sample for the HS.748 by Rick Piper: NOTE: Replace < and > with square brackets....Title = "Right Seat"Guid = {8ff6c134-098d-409f-baec-caba3f683f98}Origin = Virtual CockpitMomentumEffect = YESSnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseTrack = NoneShowAxis = YESAllowZoom = TRUEInitialZoom = .6SmoothZoomTime = 2.0ZoomPanScalar = 1.0ShowWeather = YesXyzAdjust = TRUEShowLensFlare=FALSECategory = CockpitPitchPanRate=20HeadingPanRate=60InitialXyz=1.10, -0.03, -0.15InitialPbh=2, 0, 0HotKeySelect=5I added a "HotKeySelect" statement and defined that key inthe FSX keys menu so that my #2 POV hat on my stick willswitch me from left seat to right seat or to a close up ofthe overhead or console. The various entries for this "definition" are defined in the SDKCore UtilitiesCamera configuration folder.Look at some of the default aircraft.cfg files for other examples. Paul

Wide-5.jpg