Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

QualityWings lack of support

I've posted three times in the QW forum and not had any response. Their support is literally non-existent.

Since the update I've had this problem with a shadow on the rear of the fuselage when the beacon flashes https://imgur.com/Up6iEId

Can anyone help (as QW don't!)?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

So we can give you better help, could you just expand a little more into the problem?.

Because of low resolution  in the picture , we can't appreciate the problem.

Have you tried deleting P3D shaders folder?

Edited by polosim
  • Like 1

I can certainly agree with you about the total lack of support from them,but regarding your issue im sorry i 

can't help out with that.

Gary Jones.

Edited by Benbo

13 hours ago, polosim said:

So we can give you better help, could you just expand a little more into the problem?.

Because of low resolution  in the picture , we can't appreciate the problem.

Have you tried deleting P3D shaders folder?

How do I delete the shaders folder? Could this cause any problems with P3D if I do it?
In the picture, the rear of the fuselage has a strange shadow going all the way around it. It only appears when the beacon flashes.

64.0 GB RAM

3 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

How do I delete the shaders folder? Could this cause any problems with P3D if I do it?
In the picture, the rear of the fuselage has a strange shadow going all the way around it. It only appears when the beacon flashes.

C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

It will regenerate on startup of a new session.

Edited by arwasairl
  • Upvote 1

Just remember the lack of support before making your next purchase from them. Maybe post or email them stating as such.
It's the only way that they will get the message.

Cheers

Steve Hall

7 hours ago, arwasairl said:

C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

It will regenerate on startup of a new session.

This appears to have solved the problem, thank you!

64.0 GB RAM

QW is a very small team and they just do put lots of their time and effort in developing the product instead of discussing at support forums.

I must say that I always did received support when needed (3x so far).

The border between "support" and discussing "changes" and "enhancements" is rather soft. So this isn´t fair to make such statements like your in your topic title here. 

I´m glad your problem got solved. But it would be great if you choose a bit softer "topic-title" which is not that hard and states something that may not be as black and white as it seems. 

I do not mean this negatively. But it is just a suggestion.

I am very happy with the QW 787 product. The outcome is good and in my eyes the price matches the quality. QW does update their products when needed and when P3D updates their versions too. So I would say spot on. 

Regards,

Marcus

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

QW always seem more interested in building the new than fixing the old. I remember how it took them multiple years to make their 146 series work with P3Dv3, let alone v4 and v5, because they were plowing all their resources into developing the 787 and didn't want to break off to do fixes to existing products (they said as much on their Facebook page). Yes, people wanted the 787 and QW stood to make money from it, but my belief is that if you sell a product you must support it and when you build on a platform like P3D (or MSFS) that you now gets regular updates, fixing your products for those updates is an ongoing part of that process and you ought to allocate time and resource for it even if it slows down new product development. That, or staff up to meet both demands. I don't think that's an unreasonable position.

I don't think it's really on to do what some devs do and say that a given product is produced for a particular sim version only. Why would I buy something that I know could be unusable in a few months? If there's a lot of work involved to update something, or it takes a while longer because of big change, then fair enough, I'll wait (and pay for an upgrade if significant cost is incurred). Just not doing anything at all (and often times dodging perfectly legitimate questions about it) is poor customer service IMNSHO. 

QW does good stuff, which I've enjoyed using, but I'm not going to stick to a down-level sim version just to use products that don't get updated. This isn't the training market. We're not 3 versions behind. 

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

The question arises, what is support? Fixing bugs, install problems, licencing issues, definitely yes.  Additional features, no..   Compatibility with future platform releases, yes within the same major version.

Between major versions it's more an upgrade or a relicensing issue I think, than support.

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

Compatibility with future platform releases, yes within the same major version.

I agree on you Kevin..

But even the quoted part above relies on a gentlemen agreement (which raises a lot of expectations on a user sight).

Even "point-releases" can mean major efforts on the supplier (3th party) sight. And normally "support" is a very expensive "service" at software and services generally! Very expensive! 15% to 20% annual fees are very common! 

Do we pay them? 😉 

"We" flightsim users are claiming support most of the time for free and as I said before......the boundaries between support for issues, enhancements and even updates are very soft (for most users not even existing). 

As far as I know there are no Support "agreements" with SLA for QW Ultimate products. Their is no defined response time, no promises and so far and so on. So a user has simply not the right to make a statement like "lacking support". Because there is no "Lack"....as "Lack" is not defined.

This does NOT mean I have no expectations about QW-Support. I have them and they are very low because I know what to expect. I can´t claim anything! Simple as that. 

This support-thing should really be taken with a huge word of caution!

Example: LM does NOT offer ANY support per EULA (Cap. 6). Do you think users know that? Read the forums how often they are claiming LM does not answer support questions.....or other questions as well. Just 1 example.

In flight sim the whole support thing relies on expectations and they are very very wide and undefined.

😉 

Marcus 

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

Between major versions it's more an upgrade or a relicensing issue I think, than support.

Sure, and as I said I'd pay for an upgrade. I don't expect free upgrades for life or anything. But they have to update the product for vNext before you have that option. It's those companies that don't update for compatibility with the latest sim version at all (or for years), but don't retire the product and even do new versions for Certain Other Platforms That Shall Not Be Named that get my goat. 

• Like 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT