Sign in to follow this  
HybridNz

[Progress Update] NZCH - Christchurch, NZ | NZA Simulations

Some recent screenshots from our social media.

We know this has been a very long development and we really are going all out time-wise to get this out to you as fast as possible. We thank you for your patience with us on this ride. It's been a solid 1 1/2 year development so far with a lot of blood sweat and tears, 8 hours a night for many of the team most nights including weekends. This is NZA's 'halo' airport and we want it to be right for you all. The area covered is large, and we wanted all areas to have the level of detail and performance you come to expect from our team. Currently, we are working on all of the tricky stuff, I guess you could call it the last 10% of the stuff that got put into the 'too hard' basket for a while. NZA - NZCH will fall under the new Proline Plus banner.

We have some new upcoming developments also being worked on which I'll start new threads for when they're ready for preview.

In the meantime. Here is some GSE (Ground Service Equipment) going into NZA Simulations - NZCH Christchurch 

Custom Kalmar TBL-190 Full Electric Pushback Tug 
NZA-Simulations-NZCH-Screenshots-for-Chr

TBL Jet16 Electric Baggage Tractor

Schopf F300 Drawbar pushback and apron view

ANZ Fastbag carts

Apron shot showing our new proprietary non-looping apron technology in its full PBR glory (around 8 months work and pushing the bounds of what the simulator is capable of)

....and a cheeky shot of the main runway using the same new processes.

Edited by HybridNz
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 1

NZA Simulations

Looks amazing NZA.  I'm not sure I understand your new tech/processes and hopefully at a later stage during preview you can explain it in greater detail.  I hope one new airport is Queenstown and the surrounding area (Frankton). 

12 hours ago, sim4good said:

Looks amazing NZA.  I'm not sure I understand your new tech/processes and hopefully at a later stage during preview you can explain it in greater detail.  I hope one new airport is Queenstown and the surrounding area (Frankton). 

Sure thing, If you have a look at the apron shot, it explains a little bit about the outcome of what we have been up to.

It is, but isn't the only thing.

NZA Simulations

31 minutes ago, HybridNz said:

Sure thing, If you have a look at the apron shot, it explains a little bit about the outcome of what we have been up to.

It is, but isn't the only thing.

I'm guessing these new tech process don't use generic tiles that otherwise loop.  Here' s a Google earth image of the real thing.

AL9nZEXmjCm-Mwl-6hyXfsceI99sMyaQcgdQR2FAZFpf2_D_w9JDlYAJV7RI2_JB6T7A37JzHIWoQrRK-RL12qjBFgugVxYLphsGmstcBqkQ1A9wjWV_uioXuUQr057bo2aGutqoHMCklzC7q7bCpTIx32q_7w=w1029-h551-no?authuser=0

And here's NZA's interpretation. Different time of day of course but wow, just wow!

AL9nZEX2v2WE_sxaU5PBrtJ9MUk949WUtqDadfwqzcixG_RXVZkG4-1EW2UymauEcCV0H_z_t9yYYMU-NkzPWaNaEmUWQqsKvG7xIn4XYuPO3VhjUtYZgBtEQH7zJi3Zc1Faxm4i9fRTCNNzRC8Vy6psXnpKfA=w887-h507-no?authuser=0

• Like 3

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

Wow crazy....  I want to scrape the rubber off that runway though haha!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yeah it looks like they’ve used the aerial imagery, and maybe upscaled and materialised it, pulling out things like the asphalt gaps etc. and perhaps a detail map. Looks absolutely amazing but is it really proprietary? 

17 hours ago, NZ255 said:

Yeah it looks like they’ve used the aerial imagery, and maybe upscaled and materialised it, pulling out things like the asphalt gaps etc. and perhaps a detail map. Looks absolutely amazing but is it really proprietary? 

Hello, I should clarify. The technology and staging process we have developed to achieve this output with the smooth performance while retaining full PBR capability with 100% unique over the whole runway, apron and outer roads and greater area is proprietary, as in we have developed it in house to achieve these results. 

• Like 4

NZA Simulations

1 hour ago, HybridNz said:

Hello, I should clarify. The technology and staging process we have developed to achieve this output with the smooth performance while retaining full PBR capability with 100% unique over the whole runway, apron and outer roads and greater area is proprietary, as in we have developed it in house to achieve these results. 

Looks terrific, can’t wait to taxi over it 🙂 

NZA Simulations is proud to help bring the community content for the MSFS2020 New Zealand World Update XII. We have re-worked from scratch two existing NZA freeware airports to an increased NZA quality standard and two exciting new airports. In doing so, we can bring our Xbox community some free content from the NZA team too.
Our existing freeware airports that will be replaced will have free add-ons available to download from our website. This brings more detail to these airports with the inclusion of our NZA assets from the NZA Model Library.
Included in the New Zealand World Update XII from NZA Simulations is:

-NZRO - Rotorua Airport
-NZTL - Lake Tekapo Airport
-NZWS - Westport Airport
-NZQE - Gorge River Airstrip

In other news..
NZA Simulations NZCH - Christchurch International Airport has entered final testing internally and our external testers and partners are receiving their first release candidate versions.
Along with our screenshots you'll start to see NZA’s NZCH popping up on your favourite streamers schedules and various online forums leading up to release. Release?... But when?
Anyone following us closely on our discord, will know we are aiming for a release date to line up with the upcoming New Zealand World Update XII, on our online direct store, MSFS Marketplace and Orbx.

NZA-Simulations-NZCH-Christchurch-Map.jp

Edited by HybridNz
  • Like 15

NZA Simulations

Simply stunning, from one of my favourite devs.I have always found the detail of their addons, right up there with the best.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I am looking forward to the NZCH release. Very happy with the other product releases I have in MSFS from this developer 🙂 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Amazing 👍👍🥳

Can't wait..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Really been looking forward to this one. Your scenery designs are top notch.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

Hi all, 

After quite the few days with Nick and myself from NZA Simulations doing the World Update New Zealand press release with Jorg from Microsoft, Anna & Holger from Orbx who flew over to New Zealand, We now have time to update some of these forum posts.

NZA Simulations NZCH Christchurch is now available on our https://nzasimulations.com webstore, Orbx central and both PC and Xbox on the Microsoft Marketplace store.

Enjoy our new Proline Plus release!

Here is the 4K trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9_qr0uaQc8

Edited by HybridNz
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

NZA Simulations