Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Interesting Voicepack Find!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found out that the VPEdit program, from the FS2004 SDK, will read and sound out the FSX USEnglishBig.gvp file. It will actually play the sounds as well as listing the ID, Variation, Phrase ID, Text, Recording Number, Format and Markers for each voice file. It lists all of the models, agent names, airlines, airports and ATC names, and other info that FSX will speak. I have tried, with little success, to import the data into Excel, so I could get a complete listing of these voice files. It would be very interesting for some expert to do so, and we all could get a complete listing of the airports, models, airlines, etc. I hope someone takes on this task with success. Regards, Bob.

>http://www.editvoicepack.com/:) Here's betting that Bob knows about editvoicepack already...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi. Thanks. I am well aware of EditVoicePack. I have used it for years on FS9 and previous editions. It will not list the names of the airports, ATC names, agent names, etc.in a form that could be imported into Excel so that the lists could be made. Also I don't know of a way that it will read the FSX voice file. Lars does not have a FSX update, as far I know. This VPEdit program will read the FSX voice file, provide the listing, and will allow hearing each voice file in all of the various voices. Best regards, Bob.

Guest pbn

I don't use Excell at home, only OpenOffice. It's easy with OO, In VPE, with the relevant file open,do the following:press CTRL+a (to select all)press CTRL+c to copycreate a new text document, open it and paste the content from VPE. Rename the text file to anyname you like, with the extension csv (anyname.csv), you will need to have windows show extensions.I then open the file with OO spreadheet.When I get the csv import window, I change the separator to tab and voila, I have all the info in the spreadsheet.If you need the headers, then you must add it yourself.IIRC the above procedure should work for Excell as well. If you have trouble, let me know.CheersPeter

I simply copy/pasted the evp'd .gvp file from FS9 to FSX until Lar's gets around to updating EVP for FSX...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill. That's what I have done already. Did you leave the default FSX gvp file or did you replace it with the FS9 one. I replaced mine. There are differences, as I saw when I used the VPEdit on the stock FSX one. Regards, Bob.

Hi Peter. I'll try that approach. I tried to cut and paste it directly into Excel and it did not work. I have it in a Word.doc format but the formatting is all messed up. Thanks for the help. Best regards, Bob.

Thanks to Peter, below, I now have the Excel spreadsheet. I have made individual Excel files, from it, that have all of the models, ATC names, airports, airlines, and agent names that FSX can speak in the GVP. If there is any interest I will upload them. Regards, Bob.

>Hi Bill. That's what I have done already. Did you leave the>default FSX gvp file or did you replace it with the FS9 one. I>replaced mine. There are differences, as I saw when I used the>VPEdit on the stock FSX one. Regards, Bob.I simply renamed the FSX .gvp file to ORG_USEnglishBig.gvp, and then dropped my FS9 Evp_Accelerated.gvp file in that folder.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

can u send them to me? my email is bkircher1@gmail.comi think it would be intresting to see what all of the phrases are in the gamenow the thing that i wonder is if u change a phrase to make it more releasetic, is if u can import that back into the editvoice pack?

Hi. Check your e-mmail. I have the FS9 GVP in FSX. What I do is to make my mods in the FS9 gvp with Editvoicepack and then copy the gvp to FSX. I have not figured out a way to use EVP with the FSX GVP. It may be possible to copy it to FS9 and then use EVP to modify it. I have never tried that. Lars will have an EVP update for FSX as I understand. Regards, Bob.