Sign in to follow this  
jpe828

A2A Update

2 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

I'm sure A2As products are awesome but I don't know if I'll want to buy another aircraft so similar to the JF Arrow....

Yeah, I held out on the arrow. Too slow! So I am glad the Comanche is coming. Faster, higher altitude cruising, looks better, and more system depth from A2A... I am stoked.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lynchie said:

Personally I'm really looking forward to a Beaver or Twotter.

Beaver, please!

• Like 1

Bert

I am with Bert.....

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

A2A seems to be mostly adapting their products to MFS and they do not have released ever a Beaver or Twin Otter. A new product could be the Aerostar. They have done some work on a Texan 2 if am not mistaken for the USAF but didn't release it to the public.

Now, they know that it is dangerous to reveal a product too early on this market. So a surprise is always possible. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

They have done some work on a Texan 2 if am not mistaken for the USAF but didn't release it to the public.

I suspect releasing to the public anything related to an aircraft that was modeled for an official military simulation customer might be very difficult based on comments MilViz made in their Twitch stream a few months back.

There are issues related to export control and intellectual property, so once a given team has seen that restricted information I would imagine it becomes difficult to get "the powers that be" to sign off on a public version of the same aircraft.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

The A2A Comanche 250 is the aircraft I want most of all in MSFS.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

52 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

I suspect releasing to the public anything related to an aircraft that was modeled for an official military simulation customer might be very difficult based on comments MilViz made in their Twitch stream a few months back.

There are issues related to export control and intellectual property, so once a given team has seen that restricted information I would imagine it becomes difficult to get "the powers that be" to sign off on a public version of the same aircraft.

Then again, that's down to the contract they draw up, which could also be written to include such a proviso.

I agree though that sometimes this litigious stuff can make for some odd strings; an example being the somewhat hilarious FSX-SE 'McDonnell Douglas DC-3' nomenclature from a few years back.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

You are probably right. But there is still a good side to it. A2A has done great things with the piston engine but couldn't do the same for the turbines. They say that working for the Texan 2 has given them the know-how. So we may have some turbo or jet propulsion coming from them one day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

DCS + their 3rd party developers do it so it's not impossible by any means. Some companies are a bit more difficult to deal with than others - I think Textron are particularly tricky when it comes to licensing. But DCS has managed to secure rights to release the A-10C, F-16, F-18, F-14, Apache, AV-8B, M-2000, Huey, etc. and they have them modelled to a reasonable level of system depth. I'm not sure that compromises that a developer would have to make would even be relevant in the MSFS world which has no weapons, no real radar requirements, no ECM, etc. I'd think that getting a MSFS release would be easier in some respects.

I would just like to see their Cub with floats back for the current MSFS. I think that was like the first A2A aircraft release and the only one I own.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, jpe828 said:

Yeah, I held out on the arrow. Too slow! So I am glad the Comanche is coming. Faster, higher altitude cruising, looks better, and more system depth from A2A... I am stoked.

I believe the Turbo Arrow which is being developed by JF will be faster than the Comanche. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I believe the Turbo Arrow which is being developed by JF will be faster than the Comanche. 

Bob, is the Turbo suppose to be faster than the non-turbo, Doesn't appear to really be in RL. Main advantage is altitude ability. So I guess you could say better performance (faster) at higher altitudes.

James

31 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Bob, is the Turbo suppose to be faster than the non-turbo, Doesn't appear to really be in RL. Main advantage is altitude ability. So I guess you could say better performance (faster) at higher altitudes.

https://www.risingup.com/planespecs/info/airplane423.shtml

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Looks like the turbo arrow would win above 14K ft or so.  Just looking at the airspeed indicators- they look very similar.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |