Sign in to follow this  
bobnv

Couple CRJ questions

I want to transfer a flight plan from simbrief to CRJ-700. Where is the folder located for steam version ?

Also used to start ready to fly, now dark & cold, how can I get back? Thanks for any help

Read the manual.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

17 minutes ago, bobnv said:

Also used to start ready to fly, now dark & cold, how can I get back? Thanks for any help

You can set that in the electronic flight bag (under aircraft I think). I don‘t think there‘s a ready to fly option but there‘s a ready to taxi preset. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

You can set that in the electronic flight bag (under aircraft I think). I don‘t think there‘s a ready to fly option but there‘s a ready to taxi preset. 

Was ready to fly at start, now I have to electronic flight bag every time?

50 minutes ago, bobnv said:

I want to transfer a flight plan from simbrief to CRJ-700. Where is the folder located for steam version ?

I don't think you can import a flight plan from Simbrief at this time, I think you have to manually enter the plan into the FMC. 

On the EFB there's a button to select the default state at start-up.

1 hour ago, NightOfDreams said:

I don't think you can import a flight plan from Simbrief at this time, I think you have to manually enter the plan into the FMC. 

On the EFB there's a button to select the default state at start-up.

Yes you can, you can down load a flight from sim brief into the FMC. 
Hint YouTube. CRJ simbrief

In the EFB you can set your default state the aircraft will load up in. 
Like I said ...hint. The manual.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The Simbrief export folder is here: C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj\work

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The documentation with the CRJ is excellent - some of the best yet for this sim.  It's highly advisable to read it all - maybe on the toilet like I do 🙂  You don't have to digest everything straight away every little helps!  There is a document called CRJ Flightplan Format.PDF.  It tells you where to export your flight plans so the CRJ can import

Flightplan File Locations

CRJ for Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS DVD or Microsoft Store Version):
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\aero
soft‐crj\work

CRJ for Microsoft Flight Simulator (Steam Version):
%APPDATA%\\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft‐crj\work

• Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

It takes so little time to type the flight plan into the FMC that I dont see the point of importing it thru Simbrief 💁‍♂️

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bumpywindshear said:

it also calculate fuel, a random ZFW and recommend sid`s & star`s, dont forget clicking the downloader popup 😱

That’s right and it has a profile for the 700.

So you get a route runways SID/STAR, FL, Fuel, ZFW and your W/C all need entering.

Edited by Nyxx

4 hours ago, bumpywindshear said:

...sometimes you get unreal high cruise levels, could need some work it seams.

Simbrief suggested FL380 today so I went with it as my cruising altitude. Plane stalled out on the climb and I stabilized at FL320, making it my amended cruising altitude. Seems difficult to attain high altitudes, especially with a headwind, unless you climb really really slow.

There is a max cruise altitude chart placard right in front of the yoke. When you're heavy, you need to check for the max altitude based on temp and weight. Probably in the user guide also.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT