Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Constant CTD's

Sorry to hear that, hope you get it sorted out.

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

You could cut and paste everything in your community folder to a folder you make on another drive. Just leave the Mooney in there. Then see if the same thing happens. If that keeps it from crashing, that you could add back stuff a few at a time until you find the bad one. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I decided to change back to the Longitude and everything is working fine.  Must be something in the Mooney.  It works but not consistently.  Going to remove the Mooney from the Community folder and try some other airplanes.

Edited by RodgerC

The Mooney is only sold in the marketplace hence not in the community folder. It goes into the official folder. 

1 minute ago, peroni said:

The Mooney is only sold in the marketplace hence not in the community folder. It goes into the official folder. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

There are some repaints in the community folder, I have one of them. 

Edited by Bobsk8

Since the hotfix I get them a lot in VR. It's never CTD'd while simply cruising, but as soon as I press some kind of in game main menu button or option, and usually only after a few minutes of flying.

A reproduceable one is by trying to save a flight while in VR with reverb g2. Its not an instant "crash/msfs vanish" but a black screen in vr with no response and a frozen save menu on the monitor, then eventually back to desktop.

I've removed everything but the airbus 135 mod from the community folder and tried, then removed that too with same result.

24 minutes ago, dogmanbird said:

Since the hotfix I get them a lot in VR. It's never CTD'd while simply cruising, but as soon as I press some kind of in game main menu button or option, and usually only after a few minutes of flying.

A reproduceable one is by trying to save a flight while in VR with reverb g2. Its not an instant "crash/msfs vanish" but a black screen in vr with no response and a frozen save menu on the monitor, then eventually back to desktop.

I've removed everything but the airbus 135 mod from the community folder and tried, then removed that too with same result.

How about if you don't use VR?

The save and load feature works for me once toggling out of VR, but I haven’t spent enough time in 2d to know about the other symptoms. I can live with toggling to load and save, but sometimes going back into VR causes a big FPS drop.

Edited by dogmanbird

15 hours ago, RodgerC said:

Don't know what is going on.  Never had anything like this happen.  I had 8 consecutive CTD's.  I have been flying the Cessna Longitude exclusively lately.  So I decided to fly the Carenado M20R.  That is the only change I made.  Consistently after I select the "Fly" button withing 30 seconds I get the CTD.  Finally I got 3 flights in and now it has started again. So today I changed nothing.  Had the M20R selected when the sim came up, uploaded the flight plan and again CTD.  Tried it again, again a CTD.  So out of frustration I just gave up.  The sim has been working perfectly for the last couple of months.  Guess the law of averages are catching up to me..... 

are you running with mods?

5 hours ago, dogmanbird said:

Is there flying without vr? 😜

Frankly I tried VR, and couldn't wait to get that $#@ headset off. I hated it, but that's just me. 

Edited by Bobsk8

15 hours ago, RodgerC said:

Way too many to list.  Not concerned about the Community Folder.  Haven't added anything in a while.  No reason to suspect anything in there.  Sim has been working flawlessly until yesterday.

Do you only have CTD's in the M20R? If so, it still could be a specific mod in the community folder. Some mods are only used with specific aircraft (e.g, GPS mods)

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5